My First Video!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arkman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I bought a little go pro for our trip to Jamaica and I finally got around to editing one of the videos. I still have some more to edit and maybe some changes to this one, but here it is so far.

This was also my first time using any camera underwater and first time editing. I hope you like it!

[vimeo]23133548[/vimeo]

Out of the 7 day dives we did this one was probably the one with the least amount of life. Some of the other ones were a lot better. It was still super crazy awesome for me. My last dive before that the water was 42* and viz was about 5-8ft. We saw zero fish. Jamaica was quite the change.

Anyone have any advice/critique on the video.

Good job! What did you use for editing? I made my first go pro uw video Saturday need to edit now.

I used premiere pro and after effects. It was very overwhelming and I probably did it all wrong :D

Thats the only think I happened to have, because my wife bought it with her adobe master collection. If you use a mac, iMovie might be a better option. I think it comes with it and it's fairly easy (i think). Otherwise premiere elements might be good. I don't really know anything about video editing.

Nice video. Just out of curiosity, were you diving at Swept Away. My wife and I were there a year or so ago and had one of the guys (Capt Jack Sparrow), on the boat. He was actually the Captain at the time. Real name was Wade...favorite saying was "Oh my God...."

Thanks for the comment. No we weren't we were at sandals in Ocho Rios. I think the DM name was Shavon. They just called him Jack Sparrow. How was swept away? My co-worker goes there every year and just loves it. I had a blast at sandals, I can't imagine anything like that being bad. All of the people were awesome so friendly...and FUNNY...damn they were funny.

Nice Job... Keep it up!

One thing that several pros have told me is... "Try to keep your scenes to 7 seconds" this cuts down on shaking in the frame, etc...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom