Scubamax / Scubapro Frameless??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another nice frameless is the Oceanic Shadow/Sherwood Mako/XS Scuba Merge. Everyone is differrent so YMMV but this one fits me better than the Scubapro and seems to have marginally better peripheral vision. The Atomic which is a great looking mask just didn't fit me. Seemed to be for a narrower face.

I would have to 2nd on the oceanic shadow. I have had a hella time trying to find a good fitting mask. I decided to go with a frameless. The oceanic shadow fit really well with a very soft skirt. My LDS had it in stock and for a better price than leisure pro. (ya i couldn't believe it either!) this is my first mask so i havent water tested it yet, but the fit feels tru.

I love my ScubaMax MK173. For those asking about size, The MK153 is for a "normal" face and the MK173 is sized for s "wider" face.
FYI....They are both $29.00 at divesports.com

Well here is an update on the mask. Three dives and I am loving it. I got a wild hair and bought the Scubapro frameless since I need a new back up from my LDS he gave me a deal of 90.00 but still too much. Here are the pics of a side by side comparison. The major differences are the Scubapro mask thickness of the silicon around the glass and around the face seal area. The thickness makes the masks silicone feel not as soft as the scubamax. Then the obvious is the mask buckles are better on the scubapro and the strap is actually thicker on the scubamax. Over all they are very close. If I have to choose which mask to get if they were the same price would be the scubapro. But the scubamax is a what I would choose if they were not. Is the scubapro worth the extra money? Well Its up to you. My last scubapro mask lasted 9 years until I broke it. Hope that helped everyone.
IMAG0610.jpg

IMAG0611.jpg

IMAG0613.jpg

IMAG0614.jpg

IMAG0612.jpg

Before I buy the scubamax frameless just wanted to make sure that it is the same size/fit as the scubapro frameless 1, not the newer scubapro frameless 2. I have the SP1 but the skirt is separating (after 12 years).

We're talking about the scubamax MK173, right. The MK173 seems to be a different style. Thanks a bunch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom