Dive Palancar?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spector39

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
We will be staying at the Occ. Grand in June and was thinking of using Dive Palancar, mainly for the convenience since the dive shop is on site. Does anyone have any experience with them? Also, how much do they charge per tank? Their web site does not list prices that I could find. Thanks!

Diving is like sushi, the lowest price may not be your best choice. Use Aldora. If you need to know why then search this site.

:confined: Get out of the jar!

i dove with dive palancar in 06.i cannot say enough nice things about them.. they have the nicest boats i have ever dove off of ...price was $32/ tank..

Hmmm, they don't list prices on their site. :confused: I doubt the prices from cicopo's pic have gone up much if any, but they should list them if they don't want to lose shoppers online. They lost a location a year or two back and just now got a new one in addition to the Grand. Competition is tight on Coz and most other Ops will pick you up there, altho their could be a dock fee...? :idk:

Looks like you are new to diving...?
Got DAN dive insurance or similar? No one should ever make a dive without it.

Does your medical insurance cover you out of country or do you need trip coverage?

Got surface signaling devices? Rental gear hardly ever includes SMBs or mirrors and those whistles are not great.

Do hire a private DM the first day. Money well spent.

Stay off of the mopeds and scooters.

Have a great trip. :pilot:​

No issues with having another op pick you up there. Bigger boats will use the pier, smaller ones use the beach on the south side of the pier, and no fees that I know of since my stay in 09.

Diving is like sushi, the lowest price may not be your best choice. Use Aldora. If you need to know why then search this site.
Then again, it may. Diving and sushi are two totally unrelated things. There is no best op for everyone, which is a good thing. Nothing against Aldora, which is a fine dive op, but it's not my choice.

I dove with them last year Feb '10 and like others have stated - I enjoyed it and when I am there again this November, I will be diving with them again - we are "club" members so the price for tanks was $28 and nitrox - $32, but if i remember correctly it was $5-$7 more for each for non-club but still guests at the Grand

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like most have had good experiences with them. I emailed them and got a reply fairly quickly. The price is $34 USD per tank which seems reasonable. The price also includes fins, mask, and weights (although I will be bringing my own mask and fins.)

Dandy Don, thanks for the advice. This will be my second trip there. I used another op last year but we are going the AI route this time so the convenience and flexibility of using the on site dive shop is what we're looking for.

I'd love to hear from others who have dove with them as well. Thanks guys!

Does Dive Palancar limit your bottom time?

Also, do they have flexibility in dive sites or do they have a set schedule?

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom