Cavern diver certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not having any luck finding the skills videos being discussed. Could someone post a link? Thanks.

Got them--thanks. When I went back and did a Google search on 'bilphillips', one word instead of two, they came right up.

I'm just thinking that, after this discussion, someone interested in skills development who doesn't live where there are caves, might be just as well off to take Fundies and wreck class, as to travel to take cavern.

Disagree a wee bit - if I had the funds I'd be interested in doing a cavern course for the line skills alone.

In the UK our wrecks make it extremely difficult to give really good instruction on line skills (safety during training) - the variable nature of our sea conditions can make it difficult to complete training dives so travelling to Florida/Mexico can be an attractive proposition for people looking at wreck penetration.

does anyone know a shop or private instructor in Miami, FL who does cavern specialty?

I can finds lots in High Springs, but I will be in Miami, I don't really want to travel up there.

any help is appreciated.

brian

:huh:

If you're looking for a good instructor pilot, wouldn't it make more sense to check out the airport, rather than the parking garage downtown?

does anyone know a shop or private instructor in Miami, FL who does cavern specialty?

I can finds lots in High Springs, but I will be in Miami, I don't really want to travel up there.

any help is appreciated.

brian

Its going to be difficult to deliver a cavern to Miami for you to get instruction in...

any help is appreciated.

If I'm not mistaken most caves are up north... you might have the instructor but you still need a cave to do the course ; )

Have you considered a wreck course? A good instructor will leave you with a very similar set of skills, like propulsion techniques, planning, line work (but no cave knowledge, so no it's not the same). And wrecks are closer to Miami than caves.

Its going to be difficult to deliver a cavern to Miami for you to get instruction in...

I delivered one once....it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. :wink:

any help is appreciated.

brian

There are probably some there, but as has already been pointed out, you will still have to travel north to dive the caverns since there aren't any caverns suitable for training that far south.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom