Jacket style BC recommendations for first setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jewchef1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
HI All,

I am new to diving and am looking to get my own gear together. I have been out a few times and like the jacket style BCs. I was looking for a couple of recommendations of which to buy. weight integrated is a preference. and i am a teacher, so my budget is not huge.
thanks for any help.

ScubaPro discontinued the Classic Sport and the Classic Plus. LeisurePro has had them on sale ever since, having bought the remaining stock at a steep discount, I guess. I prefer the Classic Sport, but since you specified weight integration, the Classic Plus is the choice. A bargain at $300; I spent ~$700 for one quite a few years ago, when that could buy you a couple of ounces of gold.

Last edited:
pro qd's are nice as well....

If expense is a consideration go second hand. Where you are in the USA you should be able to pick up a nice Scuba Pro or Aqualung BCD that fits your requirements off E bay. My Buddy Explorer I bought in 1998 is apart from a little fading still in perfect condition and Scuba Pro/ Aqualung Equipment is as good a quality product.

Don't go too cheap. I have owned several and am a big fan of the SeaQuest line. Even as a new diver, you might like a SeaQuest Pro. It will serve you for a long time and in the end be economical. If you're a girl, try the Diva.
Divemaster Dennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom