Playa Del Carmen Daily Dive Report! Geofish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can't wait...April 15 or 16 I will stop by the shop and make arrangements...finally! A warm-water vacation!

April 13, 2011

Tortugas and Barracuda/Sabalos

Today the weather was perfect for the second day in a row, WHOO HOO!!! The wind was blowing from the SE at 6knots/7mph. The water was flat and the air temperature at the time of our dive was 27C/81F.

Tortugas was very nice today. Visibility was around 90ft/27m and the water temp was up to 79F. Time to leave the wetsuits in the shop now. Dove with a shorty today and was actually pretty hot. We ended up seeing 4 turtles, a school of big Cubera Snapper, a school of Rainbor Parrotfish, and the same Bull Shark that we have been seeing there for last couple weeks. There has only been one and I am almost positive it is the same one we saw last week at Moche Deep. Great dive and a great group today.

Barracuda/Sabalos was awesome today. Visibility was at least 100ft/30m. Lots of Eels out and a few Rays. Towards the end of Barracuda we saw a really nice sized Hawksbill. The highlight of the dive and for the second day in a row, at the end of Sabalos we saw the Tarpon again. A school of about 10 all ranging from 5-7ft. Awsome dive!

Diving Mama Vina tomorrow! Happy Diving everyone.

Hi, I will be coming solo to Playa in September...any problem with that? Do you do guided dives? I hope to dive 3-6 days out of the 9 I will be there....I will be staying on Calle 26, between 20-25 Ave.
As you can see by my info, not a lot of dives under my belt, but want to get more...thanks!:idk:

May 11, 2011

Pared Verde and Cueva Pargo

Today the weather was a little windy which chopped up the water a little bit. The wind was blowing from the ESE at 14knots/16mph and the waves were 1.4m/5ft. The temperature at the time of our dive was 82F.

Pared Verde was very nice today. The visibility was around 90ft/27m and the current was perfect. Our max depth was 90ft/27m and our bottom time was 32minutes. Right when we dropped down off the wall a nice sized Southern Stingray was eating on the bottom. We ended up seeing about 4 Barracuda, 1 nice Green Moray Eel inside the wall, and more fish than one can imagine. Great dive, haven't been able to go to the northern reefs lately due to weather and bad visibility, but today was perfect.

The water temperature was at 80F today. The water is starting to warm up quite nicely and pretty soon it will be time to ditch the shorty wetsuits and dive in just a pair of trunks and a rash guard. Happy diving everyone, where ever you are.

I miss these dive reports. They almost make me feel like I am there.

I'd like to see them resume as well. I'll be in the Playa region in February.... [Akumel, actually].

Where you staying/diving Token? I'll be at the Barcelo, not sure who I'm diving with yet. Hope to get a couple of days of diving in, we'll also be heading to Coz for a day or two :)

Hi -- We're staying at the Reef Condos/Half Moon Bay in Akumel from Feb 25-Mar 3, then moving over to Cozumel for March 3-10. I'm looking to do a few cenote dives on the mainland and then the ocean stuff on the island. Can hardly wait...:D I haven't fixed any plans about who or where yet.... I have a pal that winters in Cozumel...he's a very experienced diver and has promised to hook me up with his favorite operators on the island.

I am going to be in the Akumel area in another four weeks!

I am going to be in the Akumel area in another four weeks!

I'd be very eager to hear about your experiences in Akumel or the surrounding area. I'll be looking to do some easy cenote dives [I'm a tyro] and I'd like to hear if the ocean diving is any good in the area [I hear it's ho-hum at best]. I'm also thinking of doing a bull shark dive at PDC if it's available in March...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom