Completed my Open Water... now what? TDI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

quikcolin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there,

I recently completed my open water certification with SDI, and this September I plan to complete my advanced open water.

What is this called in SDI's programs? TDI? There are a handful of options on their site and i have no idea what is what?

Could someone point me in the right direction... I plan to do the "advanced" online component and then perform my open water in the fall... a website link would be awesome :)

Thanks!

The SDI Advanced programs requires an individual to complete four different specialties and to log 25 dives prior to qualifying for the Advanced rating.
There is an intermediate step called the Advanced Adventure Diver that requires the completion of five dives. One each from five different specialties. There are two core dives required, they are deep and navigation. If an individual completes the Advanced Adventure Diver program they can apply it towards one of the four required specialties for their Advanced Diver rating.
Some of the SDI Specialties are available on line including Deep, Underwater Navigation, Computer Nitrox and Wreck.
I hope this helps to answer your questions

Back
Top Bottom