Cancun Diving for New Cert.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba kbell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello!

I am trying to find a dive op for my brother in law who will be in Cancun later this month. He had just completed the first part of his Open Water training and has only the 4 checkout dives left which he plans to do in Cancun. Does anyone have any suggestions for Dive Ops to finish his certification and go on a few dives with? The certification the shop he was using at home was NAUI. He will be staying at the Royal Sands, so does anyone know of a dive shop onsite or nearby (if willing to pickup from the resort) that you would recommend? Has anyone here been certified there and if so what shop did you use?

Its not that far away to the locals... Yes I have used them before. Certifications, no. Your not going to have many choices for NAUI certification down there. Or any other agency for that matter. Now cozumel is a different story, have the travel arrangements been made yet?

Isn't it about 45 minutes away or am I off on the distance? Yes, the trip is booked. He is traveling with a bunch of non divers so scuba wasn't the primary focus of the trip. I see a few dive ops in Cancun (Scuba Cancun, Manta Divers, Scuba Fred's...) that list that they do referrals for all cert agencies. I am not sure how that works, so I guess he would have to contact them. Does anyone have any experience with certs/diving at any of these ops?

Try Scorpio Divers // Scuba Diving // Diving the way it should be.// Scuba Diving Cancun Puerto Morelos Cozumel Cenotes. Ben and Jorge are great! I've dove with them for years now, and they will treat you BIL right. Ben is an excellent instructor, he certified me years back and all my kids since then. Wouldnt' trust them with anyone else. Have him contact them and they will go over an itinerary with him. Very good reputation on SB here. Just give them a search.

All the best to a new diver!!

Jack

Back
Top Bottom