Ion Z240 or S&S 110A

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dgsmith

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just got my new Nauticam housing for my D7000, going to use Fiber optic and TTL. What is the better choice the Z240 or the S&S 110A. I know the ion is easier to pack because of size. The S&S is cheaper. Any pros and cons on the two??

Thanks

I would say go for the Inon Z-240 .... I have tried both with my Canon EOS 450D and Hugyfot housing; they are both good strobes, but the Inon is lighter to pack and more compact and therefore easier to place for tight macro shots.

Just my 0,02 cents !!!

All the Best ..... Francesco

Just got my new Nauticam housing for my D7000, going to use Fiber optic and TTL. What is the better choice the Z240 or the S&S 110A. I know the ion is easier to pack because of size. The S&S is cheaper. Any pros and cons on the two??

Thanks

I have the 110a's and have been very happy with them for the last couple of years. I just got a D7000 and the only drawback I know of is that the 110a's do not seem to work in ttl with the D7000. Sea and Sea confirms this on their website as well, possibly a firmware update for the D7000 will correct. I have know knowledge as to the performance of the Ion's and their optical ttl.

Brian

I have both and use the 110a as the slave. They are both great strobes and you would not be disappointed with either. I am a SnS fan having used them for many years and find them very reliable. The Z240 is a branch out for me but it is slightly stronger and I hope it will be as long living as my SnS's over the years.

Re D7000 ttl issue. I had some problems getting my DSLR to work in sttl, SnS stated it was not compatible. I set my camera flash to automatic and it works well, it did NOT work on the 1/64th manual camera flash setting I was using to get longer battery life. The other thing is Sea N Sea work mainly with Nikon/Canon so if it doesn't work now it sure will do soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom