Does the Dyron 67mm adapter for Recsea S95 have holes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NautilusCairns

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have seen photos of this adapter which clearly shows holes (Dyron Store) and others that don't (Blue Water Photo). So does this adapter have holes to let water in behind whatever lens is being used on the housing?

If I knew how to attach photos I would

No, mine does not have holes in it. It is machined from what appears to be Delrin or equivalent. It seems well made and fits well. I have only used it in a pool test thus far, just got it a few months ago.

As to the holes, if you want holes, drill some, big deal. Yes, it needs holes to vent air, it traps a bubble as it is. I will be drilling mine before I use it for real for exactly that reason. I will drill four equally spaced holes around the perimeter on the back or outer corner using a #30 drill bit.

N

Yes I could drill some holes but if you look at the "other views" part on the Dyron Store advert for this adapter you will see it has holes already
Adapter M67 for Recsea & Fisheye Canon S90/S95 housings | DyronStore | Underwater accessories

Just curious

The Dyron adapter, mine and the other two I have seen, do not have holes. The "other view" you refer to is NOT a 67mm adapter but instead a 52mm adapter. It is a mistake and is clearly not a 67mm, note the main view and compare the diameters vs the port. The 52mm adapters I have seen and own do have holes. My 67mm Dyron does not have holes.

Why does the 67mm not have holes, I don't know, ask Dyron. If you want holes, unless something has changed since I got mine, you will have to drill them yourself.

N

Thanks Nemrod, looks like I had better fire up the Makita

Makita???????? DeWalt is the only way to go for power tools!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck.

N

Hello,
Right now the adapters do not have holes but the new ones available in June will have holes
The picture on the website is the one for the new adapter.
Thank you very much for bringing this to us.
Our best regards
Christel
DYRON

Thanks Dyron, as it's almost June I'll buy one when they are available

Thanks Dyron, as it's almost June I'll buy one when they are available

Does anyone know if the new adapters are available yet?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom