Carpe Vita Explorer ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Bumble! Hey ylin!
The Carpe Vita manifest is filling out nicely - we're really excited to be joining you guys in Jun/Jul. One of us is from from Dallas and one from Pittsburgh. I guess that makes six(?) of us so far. Anybody else? Bueller?... Bueller?...

Hi Deepdiver!

We'll be heading through Houston on our way out there we get into Male early AM so I guess we'll either be hanging out at the airport til 3pm or the hotel nearby. Going to be a long couple days getting over there but looking forward to getting on that boat!

Did you get the air yet? How did you end up getting there just out of curiosity?

Whoops, somehow missed the updates to this thread.

I'm from Boston, but spending June and July traveling around Asia. So I'm flying Sri Lanka Air from Bangkok, with a 1D/2N layover in Colombo, Sri Lanka, on the way over (because why not visit Sri Lanka on the way). I have to stop in Colombo on the way back as well but just for an hour or two. There are direct flights BKK-MLE but $1000 more.

Whoops, somehow missed the updates to this thread.

I'm from Boston, but spending June and July traveling around Asia. So I'm flying Sri Lanka Air from Bangkok, with a 1D/2N layover in Colombo, Sri Lanka, on the way over (because why not visit Sri Lanka on the way). I have to stop in Colombo on the way back as well but just for an hour or two. There are direct flights BKK-MLE but $1000 more.

Ahh you have it easy. :D It's going to be very long night/day for us, but I'm counting the days.

Hey 'Bumble! Hey ylin!
Greetings, Gtoph!
Sheesh... seems like the whole boat's already here, we're looking forward to meeting you all in person.
Bumble, we were able to score frequent flier seats from BOS - LHR, then from LGW-MLE. To grab those seats though, we have to get into Male three days early. Wow - my life's sooooo tough...
Gonna lounge awhile so we'll be all bright eyed, rested up, energetic - and thus insufferable. You'll recognize us by the sunburn and the smiles.

Its nice to see a lot of divers from Scubaboard forum coming to my beautiful country! Enjoy the diving and hope all of you have a great time!!! Maybe someday would be able to meet with u all! Please do 'LIKE' : Atoll Scuba | Facebook

Cheers

Shaff

Hey guys, I was on the Carpe Vita last month, - I was invited to go and check it out on a FAM trip. I wrote a comprehensive review of the liveaboard's amenities here on my site Divehappy:
MV Carpe Vita - Maldives Liveaboard Review - Dive Happy

If you can't be bothered to go and read the report, the summary is that it is an excellent boat - very well run, organised and thought out. I don't think those on this thread going on Carpe Vita soon will be disappointed.

I've been to the Maldives several times and previously on MV Orion and Sachika which are both great boats - and Carpe Vita is definitely up there with them as one of the premier boats in the Maldives. If you have comments or suggestions for inclusions on my review, you're very welcome to post comments here or on the web page - I'd like the review to be as honest and balanced as possible, which means it needs more than just my opinion.

Enjoy! - Chris

DeepDiver- We looked at that same flight itinerary and were also trying to use our AA miles on British Airways but it didn't work out. Guess I'll have to go somewhere else for "Free"! We get in that morning and are deciding whether to hang out at the hotel nearby for several hours. My husband (Gtoph on here) and I will probably be recognizable as the tired, grouchy people! :wink:

Divehappy- Thanks for the review, it was very comprehensive! Your photos give us an even better idea of what to expect, tons of space! Good info about the Dhoni setup and Camera stations! I expect to see Clay this weekend in Denver so we'll be excited to hear even more about the boat!

Schaff, Thanks for the welcome! This will be our first trip to your country, and we are really excited about it. I've heard a lot of good reports so far and not one bad one. I'll let you know what we thought when we return!

Bumble, don't feel bad. A dive buddy who is pretty, smart and interesting is a good dive buddy indeed. But if you add her executive platinum status into the mix, a mere mileage mortal like me gains access to those unattainable seats... (Told you my life is soooo tough! Guess I should keep being nice to her?)

Divehappy, I'm going to read your review right now.

See y'all soon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom