regulator servicing in Koh Tao or Bangkok

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kairo11

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hey everyone,
is there a shop in Bangkok or koh tao that survives sherwood regs and has spare parts?
i found one on the net whose mail did not work.
any tips or addresses are appreciated !!!......

Are Sherwood regs that bad that some shops don't survive servicing them? Wow, impressive, where can I get one.

Alle gekheid op een stokje, ik geloof niet dat er een Sherwood dealer is in Thailand maar er zijn vast wel winkels op Koh Tao die je kunnen helpen.

Are Sherwood regs that bad that some shops don't survive servicing them? Wow, impressive, where can I get one.

Sherwood regs are excellent, I have used them for years problem free (one set been in use for over 20 years and still going strong after several thousand dives), and service them on the basis that if its working dont fix it. So they probably get serviced by myself about every 4-5 years. Maybe this is why you feel shops cannot survive servicing them, unlike the Scubapro kit that seems to be prevalent in Thailand and also seems designed to wear out and malfunction at an annoying frequency. Maybe this is why shops in Thailand seem to push scubapro kit, so they can charge on a regular basis the extortionate rates (around 2-3 times the price I would pay in the UK) for servicing???

To Kairo11:
If you live in Thailand as I do and your regs need servicing I would seriously consider having the parts sent from Europe and servicing them yourself. There is a thread on the Thai forum in the not too distant past discussing the merits of this. I took this descision myself a number of years ago, as I was quoted a rediculous price to replace the filter in two of my 3 Sherwood regs. I ordered the parts from the UK, and purchased all the tools required for less than I was quoted. Dont be afraid, sherwood regs are very simple and easy to service.

In the UK the main supplier relating to sherwood is SEA&SEA Suplus Stock Online Store, but they do not always retail to the public. They sent me to a shop who are one of the main retailers Go-Dive Scuba Store, Derby, UK. Who have always been most helpfull and efficient.

Alternatively if you are here on holiday take them home to be serviced.

Either way you will know and have the confidence that the work has been carried out correctly. Also save yourself some money.

An additional point of advice if you do live in Thailand should you wish to purchase any dive equipment I have found again that the prices here are quite extortionate and choice limited, so a similar approach of purchasing in Europe offers significant savings and gives you a much bigger variety to chose from. if you know someone coming out here get them to bring it for you, or even if you have to pay shipping costs it is still significantly cheaper than purchasing here.

Last edited:
HI there !

There is a company on Koh Tao called Aqua Tec - who are based in Mae Haad - any dive centre will be able to point you in its direction. I just called them for you and they do service Sherwood.

Ayesha

Sherwood regs are excellent, I have used them for years problem free (one set been in use for over 20 years and still going strong after several thousand dives), and service them on the basis that if its working dont fix it. So they probably get serviced by myself about every 4-5 years. Maybe this is why you feel shops cannot survive servicing them, unlike the Scubapro kit that seems to be prevalent in Thailand and also seems designed to wear out and malfunction at an annoying frequency. Maybe this is why shops in Thailand seem to push scubapro kit, so they can charge on a regular basis the extortionate rates (around 2-3 times the price I would pay in the UK) for servicing???

Relax LK,

I'm just pulling the OP's leg, he mentioned the surviving bit in his OP! Since he mentions that he's from the Netherlands, the remainder of my reply to him is in Dutch and basically tells him that he can service his regs on KT, especially at Aqua Tec (thanks Ayesha!). Not all posters here are native English speakers and the average native English speaker doesn't speak a word abroad his own border but funnily enough expects fellow internet users to have a full command of the English lingo!

I love Scubaprone. When i had a servicing centre on Koh Tao they were my bread and butter, sometimes as many as 10 a day, usually Mk25 and Mk16/17 , all needing those full service kits

Happy days until Apecks came along and spoilt everything

thanks everyone for the help ...and sorry for the misspelling was obviously a mistake i didnt notice, and thanks ayesha ,it was actually this shop i am trying to reach . will come to KT in 2 weeks and go to them.
cheers everyone.
and i ll survive my sherwood for sure:wink:

In addition to AquaTec, there is an authorized service center in Bangkok, too. It's Dive Master at Asok. Another, One Stop in Krabi is also an authorized service center for Sherwood.

Back
Top Bottom