Boat Wiring help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Herman- Any particular reason other than simplicity? Are there some other issues that I need to think about?

Thanks

Nah, it's just makes life easier and most likely cheaper in the long run. Push choke button ( you will want that one momentary- hold on) and turn the key to start, release both when the engine starts, turn key off to stop. You do not want the choke switch to be on/off otherwise you stand a good chance of flooding the engine, 2 strokes are finicky enough without adding a constant on choke to the mix.

Ok, that makes sense. I agree, it would be cheaper and easier but....not quite as cool.:D

There is still a chance I'll go that way if I can't find the actual switches I want, but I'm really hoping that I can.

This is what I've got so far. If you have a harness it would change a little bit but not terribly much.

The Red wire needs to be moved from the top left post to the middle left post and the white and salmon wires coming off the switch are really hard to see but they are there.

WiringDiagram.jpg

Arkman, I did not have a connector in my pile, but I found a complete harness in my neighbors inventory. The harness is used and comes with key switch/ key, and ignition switch also. I haven't rolled it out yet nut looks about 10-12' long. It also has the two battery leads attached. I apologize for taking so long,but with the wind and weather I have been busy with the cottage customers. Let me know what you want to do. Tony

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom