Got my new SP XXL Jet Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am going to hold off on buing XXL's I have XL it's ok, but very very tight fit on my Toilet Cleaning Rubber boots on the Oceanic Drysuit. I've decided I am going ot send my drysuit to DUI to remove the rubber boots and install their Turbo Soles, which shoul dfit my current XL's a lot better. I am size 11 shoes.

I've got the XXL Jets, and I've got the size XXXL Bare vulcanized rubber (ie, attached) boots. The fins are the perfect length - the pocket is deep enough but not too deep. However, I do have a little bit of wiggle room on the sides. It's not bad, but it is a little noticeable. I shortened up my spring straps a little bit in comparison to the ones on my Quatro's to compensate. I absolutely love the fit...it's about time I could find one that works.

I have the same combo Omicron (XXXL Bare, XXL Jets). Definitely the right depth, but a a little slop on the sides. I haven't put spring straps on yet, but maybe I will get around to ordering from Mcmaster- whoever latter tonight (I want to make my own).

My first two dives in my dry suit were with an old pair of fins using a pair of 3 mil booties over my drysuit socks. My feet were crammed into the pocket and I had major foot cramps. So there is NO doubt I will be sticking with my Jets.

Yep - the little bit of side to side play is worth the lack of cramps.

If you need some Delrin rod to make your spring straps let me know. I've got a lot left over.

I wear a size 13 shoe and even with the larger Scubapro booties the XXL Jets were too big. My LDS ordered them based on my shoe size (Scubapro lists the XXl for size 13-14 US shoe sizes) and today was my first chance to get them in the pool. They work, but are too sloppy. I will be keeping them for when I get a drysuit. I called EE and ordered a pair of XL Jets with spingheels and they are even going to install them for me before they ship out. Not too much of a price difference and EE can get them to me as fast, if not faster, than LP and definitely faster than my LDS.

I love venting about this!! I am now completely out of the loop with Jets. I have a size 8 (medium) Bare Trek Boot. With the compression resistant booties they are way too big for XL Jets but they swim in XXL Jets!!!!! What the heck was SP thinking when they established the sizes?????? If they made a version in between XL and XXL (XL 1/2) then it would be cool but as for now I've switched to Twin Jets but now the top of that foot pocket digs in my foot!!!! I may have to shave down the soles of my Trek Boots to make them fit right.

As I mentioned I am now using the Black Twin Jets (XL) and they are Very Uncomfotable. I have heard the Grey one's are softer and more comfortable but I would imagine the blade would be too flimsy for Dry Suit Diving. Any thoughts?

I wish I could find a pair of Turtles.

Hi guys, I'm a size US15. Do you think SP Jets XXL will work for me? I live in Dubai so will have to risk buying them then finding out if they are ok.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom