Who are the new owners of poseidon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

legions

Reaction score
# of dives
Just a quick question. I have heard Poseidon was sold/bought by another company. Does anybody know who they are. If the company was sold to the Chinese, I do not think I will be purchasing much from them any more.:idk::idk:

I've been asking the same question since I joined this forum with no answer. The more research I do the more the finger is pointing toward the bad news bro. They have been bought out by some company in Singapore. I'm doing the same thing. I told my dive shop to buy as much regulator replacement parts as they can before they start producing junk like all the rest. It's really ****ty news.

Well, One thing is painfully obvious. Their reluctance to reply does not give one a good feeling.

As one old timer told me, "your silence speaks volumes".

Mr Nilsson, Who are the present owners of Poseidon, and why are you so reluctant to tell anybody?

This great secrecy can only be interpreted as derogatory, in other words not in a positive light.

But don't be afraid. Just like the good folks at Whites were told they have nothing to worry about, you'll probably be alright too.

Right???????????

Or maybe this is like some cult thing. By not telling you will increase sales somehow.

But I have to be honest with you, I do not see that happening

I did get a PM from the rep stating that he does not think they have been purchased by a Singapore conglomerate. I really hope not considering I have 5 Poseidon regulators.

If you have a facebook account look them up, you'll see me haunting them there as well with my annoying question. :)

poseidon remains under the same ownership from what i hear. supposedly a sale to an american group did not happen.

From Poseidon :: News

2011-03-06

INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY

Article about the new team and the investment opportunity with Poseidon (in Swedish)

http://www.poseidon.com/index.php/download_file/-/view/388/

Translated by Google:

MORE NEWS ON: di.se · DITV TODAY'S INDUSTRIAL · SATURDAY 5 MARS 2011

NEWS

Finn Johnsson hope that many more will reach the bottom

Finn Johnsson, former chairman of the automotive group Volvo, has a nyvunnet
interest - diving. Together with four business associates, he enters as the majority shareholder in Gothenburg - based dykutrustningsbolaget Poseidon, where he has become chairman.

With new technologies and experienced managers on board is a sleepy company that kept up with the diving industry since 1958 become a growth rocket. Finn Johnsson to track sales, which have been around 30 million grains of the last few years, will explode.

Two years before

"We are optimistic about the volumes and the end of 2012 we will be well above
200 million. Technically, our rebreathing the biggest thing that has happened diving industry for 30 years. We are two years ahead of other its suppliers. Can we just get close to the rate of growth there will be a great revenue growth, "he says.

Rebreather is a closed breathing systems for sports - diving, which means that oxygen is re-used and dive time can be extended to several hours. With the product in place takes Poseidon now in 93 million of an issue for the implementation of a global market - betting and refinance the company reached with the major losses during the development period.

A coincidence

The project was estimated to cost 15 million but the bill ended the nearly 90 million. According to the prospectus shall Poseidon 2015 on - put 1.5 billion. Is that what you had in mind when you left the Volvo? "Absolutely not. It was just a coincidence that my good friend Philip Diklev found this. He talked about this promising dykföretaget. I could nothing about diving, but I can run a company. "

"We have come to know the company the last five months. We have developed a prospectus and we know more about the diving industry than most, "says Finn Johnsson. As a former officer, he has some experience in diving, albeit limited. "We stepped down into a tank in Karlskrona once, but it is also my only experience - hot," says Finn Johnsson.

Creating demand

Now he expects that 10 percent of the world's 8 million active divers should buy
the new equipment. "We are certified by the world's two largest dive - instructor schools, so we create one right after - the question." Diving Finn named owner - the company in which the five businessmen channels its ownership interest in Poseidon. "We had to find a name quickly. The proposal was not mine, "says Finn Johnsson was the ingenious name.

Many mission

Mr. Johnsson is chairman of the steel company, Ovako, concrete company, Thomas Concrete and City Airline. He has declined re-election to the construction company Skanska's board, but its future role on the boards, he would not comment.

"It is a matter of choice - the two preparations, and if I ask a place available
is not there a discussion I shall keep with the media, "he says.

RICHARD BRAS
richard.brase @ di.se
031-701 51 54

I spoke to them this morning. Poseidon remains under the same Swiss ownership as it has. They have opened a U.S. branch in TX given the large U.S. demand for the Discovery Mark VI

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom