Coz-May 15-22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richhagelin

Contributor
Reaction score
Leaving in less than 2 weeks for a week at Occidental Grand, diving with Alison Dennis and/or Blue XT Sea. Non-diving spouse going along.

She enjoys reading by the pool but will also be interested in any tours and "fun" activities.

We are going to rent a car and drive around the island on the non-diving day.

Anyone got hints on other interesting things to do on the afternoons after diving? Any hints for things to bring along for the OG?

Been diving in Coz before so am fairly comfortable with what I need to do/bring for the diving part, but any hints for bringing along the non-diver (which I haven't done before) would be appreciated.

Rich Hagelin

Make sure you take the time to go to the museum; it's on the waterfront just north of the plaza. The ruins on the island are interesting and you can do them in conjunction with your drive around the island. If you're there on Sunday, go to the town square.

jlyle:
If you're there on Sunday, go to the town square.

Just be warned... some of the restaraunts close on Sundays.

How about having your wife take the Submarine tour, maybe you can be diving the reef while she's on the sub (that would probably be hard to pull off!). At least she'd be able to see what the fuss is all about.

Definitely take her to the "wild" side - just be careful in the water, there is a strong undertow.

As you may or may not know from the other posts, I'll be down there with my girlie (who dives) at the same time. If you end up with BlueXTSea we'll be diving together.

Hotel - Caribe Blu
Diving - BlueXTSea

Hi Rich,
We will be arriving on the 21st for a well deserved "Coz fix". On your dive day off, be sure to go to the south end and visit the Punta Sur Park(lighthouse area). A real nice area to tour. Also, on the east side is San Gervaso archeologocal site(Mayans ruins). Lot's of small areas to dine and enjoy on the south and east side of the island. No matter what you decide to do, it will be Great!!! Enjoy. Dive Safe.

Rich,
I meant to put a seb site where yo can get a real good map of Cozumel. It costs $9 but is worth it. Take a look. http://www.cancunmap.com/

Already got the map. I b ought one about 2 years ago before a trip to Coz.

Thanks,

Rich

richhagelin:
Already got the map. I bought one about 2 years ago before a trip to Coz.

The map has been updated a little, just got the new one a few weeks ago. Shows the new gas station (is it finished?) and some other recent construction.

Back
Top Bottom