Atomic Aquatics Cobalt Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ron,

I had to send my Cobalt back in to have the compass reset and i think they said they updated the firmware. I just want to check what version should the computer show my say's it is 1.10/1 is that current.

thanks,

Dean

It is, 1.10 is current. If you go to the website in the next few days you might see a version 1.11- no worries, that just represents a minor change to the default low gas alert settings to comply with a (just received) request from the CE certification agency. This version also eliminates the 90 second data storage rate- we've found that caused some problems and it seems unnecessary. Now that things are set up we will be uploading new versions whenever changes are made, but will send notice if there is a significant upgrade.

No harm in upgrading every time there's a new version whether significant or not, right?

No harm in upgrading every time there's a new version whether significant or not, right?

No, that's what we would recommend. Just making the point that issuing an update to the firmware doesn't necessarily mean there is any problem with an earlier version, it could be something as simple as adding additional language support.

Did I miss something? The QD is standard and comes with every Cobalt computer.

Did I miss something? The QD is standard and comes with every Cobalt computer.
They do, but just one. I believe this would be for people with multiple reg sets they want to keep a Cobalt QD fitting on, and would just be the part on the hose. It would attach to any standard HP hose.

First thanks to the poster who used the Olympus FE 340 screen protector, I ordered two from Zagg and put one one and dove it the next day. The 'OEM' screen protectors started bubbling and peeling after 1 dive, the Zagg was as I put it on after I did two dives to 80' in saltwater. The down load and upgrade went fairly smoothly. I can see where someone COULD get confused and try to upgrade the DC with the compressed file - maybe a slight name change from compressed to uncompressed? My buddy 'bricked' his and altho he didn't believe my advice that i gave him thanks to Ron R's post and had to call Atomic, he got it straightened out. A slight glitch in the installation of the Cobalt Dive Log. Altho the install gives you the option to put the install in any folder, it won't run unless it is in the C: drive (the default location). Also when I downloaded new dives to the Log Book after I had already downloaded dives initially to the log book, it downloaded ALL the dives, old and new, so I had to send most to the recycle bin in order to add the 4 new dives. Is there a work around for this, seems like a waste of time and 'bandwidth' to do it that way. Many thanks to Ron R for keeping us up to date on everything as frustrated as some of the posters got!

Ron - I have a question for you. In setting the tank size for typical tanks in Europe, would I set it to the nominal size of the tank (12 liter or 15 liter) or to the size at pressure (15 liter tank at 200 bar = 3000 liters). I assume this setting is only used to calculate estimated gas remaining, is that correct?

I appreciate your involvement on this thread - lots of great information.

Ron - I have a question for you. In setting the tank size for typical tanks in Europe, would I set it to the nominal size of the tank (12 liter or 15 liter) or to the size at pressure (15 liter tank at 200 bar = 3000 liters). I assume this setting is only used to calculate estimated gas remaining, is that correct?

I appreciate your involvement on this thread - lots of great information.
You can set the tank size in either cubic feet @ psi, cubic feet @ bar, or the actual tank volume in liters, i.e. 12 liters. If you set the actual tank volume in liters, then the Cobalt figures out the capacity at any pressure, you don't have to specify it. There are three gas mixes/ tank sizes that you can set up ahead of time, and each one could use different units if you wanted- it's not dependent on having the units set to metric, for instance, to be able to use the liter tank size. If, for instance, you dive always with air, but use several tank sizes, you can predefine them using the Defined Gas Mixes screen, and then be able to switch between tank sizes with a single button push in that screen.

Having the tank size is not so important for calculating gas time remaining during a dive (pressure drop over time is the main input there, except right at the beginning of a dive), but it does make it possible for us to provide the actual gas consumption for a dive and the surface cubic foot per minute (or liters per minute) gas consumption, which can then be used for gas planning in the onboard simulator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom