The Anchor Wreck Charleston, SC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RDRINK25

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone done this dive? What is your average depth all I can find is the it lies in 105 ft. Can anyone explain the dive profile?

I dove it 10 years ago. I personally did not like the circumstances surrounding the dive, so I remember it as "not a good dive". I have heard others say they enjoyed diving the "Anchor Wreck" and would do it again.

Long story short, the dive boat I signed onto was not really a dive boat. It was a last minute arrangement by a fly-by-night dive shop. Turns out it was a fishing boat and the captain did not have a clue as to what he was doing. I was the only diver to actually make it to the shipwreck due to the captain parking the boat WAY too far away. Worse dive in my history because of the horrible dive shop arrangement and don't give a crap attitude of the boat captain. I let them "hear it" when I returned to the dive shop. The shop folded and left town with very angry investors looking for them.

I dove the Anchor Wreck with Charleston Scuba for the second time in my dive history this weekend. It was a incredible dive with lots of growth and life. The amber jack were en mass. The bait fish were so thick you had to push them out of the way to see the wreck. The flounder were in abundance, as were the reticulated eels. I stayed at about 92-97 ft. for the majority of both of my dives. Nitrox is a must.

The only thing missing was my dive buddy and the ability to share experiences and underwater adventures with him.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom