30/30 and the temps you dive in (please post)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tarjan

Contributor
Reaction score
I was asking questions in another post about the 30/30, and one question was about what temperatures the suit is good for. Since that is rather specific, it might be best to have its own topic.

So what say you? How warm will you go?

BTW: I'll be putting in an order for one soon, so I don't have any numbers yet myself. But any advice you have on it, what to wear under or things I should ask them to add. I'm all ears. PM away, it will be my first drysuit though I did rent a different suit to use one during my drysuit class.

Thank you for your inquiry!

To answer your question, with all of our drysuits, you are only warm as what you wear underneath in regards to insulation.

That being said, the 3030 is designed to be a tropical drysuit worn with a with a thin liner. The insulation the 3030 is designed for is called the Stretchliner and is rated to 70+ degrees.

It may be possible to wear thicker undergarments, however, to do this, you may have to get a larger 3030. The 3030 is also designed with latex ankle seals. Therefore, it would need to be worn with either wetsuit booties or full foot fins. This may also be a consideration when choosing the temperature range for your 3030.

Feel free to contact me with any further questions.

Thank you,

Jessica
DUI

I have a 30/30 and a TLS-350. I wear the 30/30 from 75F and higher. Have worn the 30/30 in as warm as 85F. Seen here last week in 82F water in Turks and Caicos...

TandCShark.jpg

What undergarments were you wearing or would you suggest wearing in 80-85F water? I was considering just bringing some merino wool VERY thin long underwear. My 30/30 is on order, but the dive trip is a few months off so I have plenty of time to get the rest of my gear, though stretchliner I could get as well but wanted to wait for any more $100+ purchases.

Need hoses, macro lens and a few other things first.

What undergarments were you wearing or would you suggest wearing in 80-85F water? [...]

I generally wear Fourth Element Xerotherm undergarments. For longer dives (2+ hours) I'll add another layer - usually Drybase but sometimes
a DUI +5 vest. Water temperature here (Hawaii) runs from about 73F - 81F, depending on the time of year. There isn't a noticeable thermocline
here. Note that I have cordura socks on my 30/30 - didn't care for the ankle seals. HTH.

I use a stretch liner in 25/75+ water temps. It is more than enough for me. Suggest you not wear cotton/wool as it can be dangerous if you get damp.

I just did 31 dives over 10 days in my TLS350 in water that was between 81 to 84 degrees Fahrenheit. Each dive lasted around 60 minutes. Under my TLS 350, I wore only board shorts and a tec t-shirt. At no time did I ever feel cold.

What undergarments were you wearing or would you suggest wearing in 80-85F water? I was considering just bringing some merino wool VERY thin long underwear. My 30/30 is on order, but the dive trip is a few months off so I have plenty of time to get the rest of my gear, though stretchliner I could get as well but wanted to wait for any more $100+ purchases.

Need hoses, macro lens and a few other things first.

i have a 30/30 ordered mine with rockboots. had it in as cold as 55 with 200 gramsuit under it and as warm as 82 diving coz with board shorts and an under armor cold gear long sleave over a sleaveless shirt and tall socks. if you have much body hair the sealent on the seams likes to hold it hostage so i wear long sleave shirt and tall socks leaves only a few inchs at the knees exposed. zip neck and wrist were a must for me with exended trips out of the us. all in all a great suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom