What do you guys know about Norseman/Viking regulators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:) Thanks for the history Sam.It is always interesting to hear from you.Last event was private.Only the choosen few could go.What a joke that was.Maybe they will have at least enough people for a volleyball game or something.I have the book Mask and Flippers it is inscribed by Lloyd and his son Bo to a dive club from the 60's.That is my best Lloyd piece.Till later Mike.

Thanks for the correction.I thought it might be wrong.The Sea Hunt is event is over.Only the choosen few got to go again.All 20 of them.I might have liked to go only if lloyd was alive and there.I don't really need to see fat guys in silver suits.Alan is skinny :D.

I hear you.At least this site has real divers not people that only dive in a hole in the ground filled with fresh water.They never heard of the oceans I guess.

For quite a long time I was a hole in the ground diver since I lived to far from the ocean / sea. Scuba trips can be quite expensive, so the next best thing is a hole in the ground filled with water or even my bath tub would do... Sure a quarry diver / hole in the ground diver may not be the most exciting, but none the less it's a great excuse to throw on the equipment and keep your skills up to par, do the best with what you have. Your slam to many people was short sighted at the least, but I always did think that guys that don't fly helicopters & planes were not very bright and kinda stupid. Mike do you do any flying except for the coach seating? I now dive all over the world and try to enjoy the sport with as many others as I can. I try to learn from others that have more experience than I and i try to pass what I have along to others. Nothing worse than guys that are not team players....

Thanks for the correction.I thought it might be wrong.The Sea Hunt is event is over.Only the choosen few got to go again.All 20 of them.I might have liked to go only if lloyd was alive and there.I don't really need to see fat guys in silver suits.Alan is skinny :D.

Mike
You knew that I was involved with the event in 2008 and again this year. If you wanted to be part of the cast all you would have had to do was contact me. The equipment regulations were strict. A couple of people who were there in 2008 did not want to invest in correct period gear. So I asked around for vintage divers who were willing to be correct.

Silver Springs and I limited the number of divers to 20 due to logistic and economic concerns. I do believe that we did a nice job of "recreating" the feeling of the TV show with scenarios, etc. We were highly praised by visitors and staff. The best pictures available right now are at Ocala FL news, sports, weather, classifieds | Ocala.com | Star-Banner, photo gallery, second page, May 28. Others, including a video will be forthcoming.

I am sorry to hear you wanted to go but didn't get the chance. Maybe by keeping in touch here on SB or directly to me would have assisted you in your desires.

Allan
And, not all of the cast was fat. Some of the women are far from that. Check the VDH story under "gatherings" to see the cast.
Vintage Double Hose • View topic - Soon to be Released: Sea Hunt Live! 2011 Video

Allan thanks,I weill keep that in mind.I was mostly speaking about the hog Jerry.He keeps getting bigger.The Cow!

Hi all,

The Sea Hunt event was very well executed (bravo Alan). The participants were all good-natured folks who came to entertain and educate the public .... and have a grand time themselves. They thrilled every young and old Silver Springs patron that watched the scenes from the 'safety' of the glass-bottom boats, which hovered above the action. Original actors and set personnel even came out to recollect the moments of their youth. It was quite a site, especially underwater. I was privileged to have been asked to cover the event. You can see some of the images from the Sea Hunt 50th Anniversary Commemoration in this gallery: Sea Hunt 50th Anniversary Commemoration

Nice to see you here dive-chic. It was a fun event......I am being "killed" by hose cutting in one of your photos, way cool. :)
Even dive-chic got into the act. (hope you don't mind)
normal_IMG_1990web.jpg

YOUNG LADY
There is certainly a place in the diving world for you! Great Photography, great film clips, very enjoyable.

Keep up the great work you have began...let us see more of your work

SDM

Hey Herman! Good to see you survived that sliced hose episode. Mike Nelson would not have allowed you to die anyway :)

Sam, glad you enjoyed the images, thank you :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom