Flounder Attack!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

porgyhunter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Dove the East end of the C.C. Canal today....Vis around 15ft...Not very many Bugs, surprising at this date. Any keepers were eggers or Vnotch. The flounder were coming out of the woodwork. Noticed I had company when I was digging for Lobs under rocks. Got off the end of the Jetty, and you'd thought I was the ''Pied Piper'' Mostly smalls, but I did get 2 nice keepers. Mama fryed um in a pan....then I ate um like a man!

Nice.

Dove Old Garden Beach in Rockport, North Shore Saturday.
Bugs were everywhere, we were the 1st group out
and had I not forgotten my tank #'s I could have got 3+
keepers on a shore dive. Not bad.
Flounders are fun too though.

Salub

Nice Salub.......I know alot of divers seeing/catching them. not really any to speak of on Fri. Even in ''Choice'' areas?

Can anyone point me to the MA regulations on tickling flounder into a catch bag, if in fact such a regulation exists? Do they treat it the same as angling, in which case you need a salt water permit? I went ahead and just purchased the permit (only $10) after not being able to find anything specific about catching flounder while diving, but I'd like to kmow for the future if this is really necessary. Saw a nice big one last weekend, but didn't have the permit at the time so I passed on by.

thanks!
Steve

Can anyone point me to the MA regulations on tickling flounder into a catch bag, if in fact such a regulation exists? Do they treat it the same as angling, in which case you need a salt water permit? I went ahead and just purchased the permit (only $10) after not being able to find anything specific about catching flounder while diving, but I'd like to kmow for the future if this is really necessary. Saw a nice big one last weekend, but didn't have the permit at the time so I passed on by.

thanks!
Steve

Good point! I've gotten a couple flounder this year and it never dawned on me. I'm just gonna get the permit too. Gonna need it for night time striped bass fishing.

I always dive with a small pole spear 4ft 3prong end. Great for Lob tickling, Scrapeing rocks to have bugs ''invistagate'' thier way out. And easy for spearing flounder and Tog. Great tool for ''hard to reach'' places. Yeah sucks...now we need two carry 2 licenses

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom