Nemo Air problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MtnPlayVA

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My Nemo Air is turning on and registering dives when not even connected to a tank. I just came back from the Keys and have 7 dives that were 0 minutes long, with depths ranging from 12 feet to 97 feet. One of my real dives registered the time and depth fine until the end when it says I went to 109 feet. The water temp also is wrong at 41 degrees! The other 12 real dives registered fine. Any ideas on what is causing it? How do I update the firmware?

Hi there.
I can't estimate what could be causing this from here. Have you tried updating the firmware from the Mares website? You will find any available updates on eash specific product page. If this does not work for you, I would then suggest going to a Mares dealer, and sending it in for service check.

Please let me know if I can help further.

Best,

Thanks Zak. I'll take it to the dealer because I didn't see how to update the computer firmware. I see a drak software but no hardware updates.

Let me know your outcome as mine is starting to have "ghost dives" at temperatures not possible for my regions..... :(

I suspect it may the temperature compensated pressure depth reading that's making a fuss... But there is no way to be sure....

Hi
Mine has done this from new it happens to mine if i leave it in the sun, or in the hot car ect.. so now i wrap it inside my BCD and it doesn't do it.... So far mine has gone diving without me about 10 times over the last 18 months...
Phil

what is the current firmware for the nemo air i didn't find any at mares site?

I have had the same problem just recently. I bought it over the internet so its a pain to send it back. Mine happened also when I left in the sun! If anyone has any solutions asides from sending it back(hassle) please let me know

So this morning I hopped in the water with my 1st tank of a 2 tank boat dive. I noticed my computer was counting up. So I get out of the water, trying to figure out what the heck is going on. I look back to through my logged dives an notice two dives that I didn't make. One of them was 9 minute dive to 54 ft with a fast accent that locked my computer up. What was really strange is that before I jumped in the computer seemed to be working just fine. What a way to end a trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom