Sanibel - Fort Myers diving July 2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaJoy65

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Dean's Dive Shop is the "good" local shop.
That being said, there are no viable day charters I'm aware of running out of Fort Myers. I dove in Pompano Beach yesterday and Dean's had a class on boat there (140 miles from Fort Myers).

The closest boats are up in Nokomis/Venice. Be aware, getting to 100' of water ain't cheap on the west coast of Florida.

Our club is Fort Lauderdale-based (you posted in our club forum), so I'm going to ask a Mod to move this to the Florida Conch forum where more people will see it.

Joy, you may want to consider Venice if the seas are not to bad and the winds
are blowing out. We have had above average water clarity the last four weeks or so.
There are many different locations they dive from. I like Service Club and S. Brohard
for the parking, showers, and restrooms. Parking does seem best down
at S. Brohard. A lot of divers like the structure and fossil beds off of Alhambra which is
south of venice main beach and north of Service Club. Alhambra however is just a
dead end type street with no facilities and the parking is on the side of road not to far from
the water. My plans for the weekend are undecided but if I do get up that way I will be
sure to post.

I've been out to a few of those reefs, usually ARC Towers, Boxcar, or Blandas. My favorite was Boxcar, which is about 18 miles off Boca Grande, in 70' of water. There's about a 60% chance that we'll be going out on that Saturday on my boat. PM me the week before, we may just have an extra spot!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom