HMAS Adelaide Being Sunk 27th March On Central Coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Guys

I was down at Terrigal yesterday afternoon and saw a couple bouys. I didnt see any bouys out to sea where the ship is so I am guessing these were for her. Could be wrong.
Apparently there was something about they bouys came off in bad seas (or with a little help?).
I havent been down today to have a look to see if these are for the dive site but will try.

Attachments

• IMAG0001.jpg
    IMAG0001.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 174
I would be less surprised by the "with help" explanation. Have the "NO ship" group turned the piece that they claimed was from the Adelaide. Last thing I heard they were claiiming they found debris from the ship but were refusing to turn it over to verify that it was from the Adelaide:shakehead:

the bouys are a bit of a problem i think.

on May 7 when i was there, our bouy (number 6) was actually caught around the wreck and half submerged, which is an absolute disarster for safety.

whether or not the NSAG will or won't turn over the evidence is of little value these days. they can either work with the EPA, local council to ensure the proper management of the site (as much as they have distane for the wreck, it's now there and not moving any time soon) or they can act like children and be largely ignored.

there have been quite a few average weekends, my group got canned which was a bit annoying... hopefully winter brings calmer conditions.

yah.. Braco I am getting pretty desperate to get a dive in!

the bouys are a bit of a problem i think.

on May 7 when i was there, our bouy (number 6) was actually caught around the wreck and half submerged, which is an absolute disarster for safety.

whether or not the NSAG will or won't turn over the evidence is of little value these days. they can either work with the EPA, local council to ensure the proper management of the site (as much as they have distane for the wreck, it's now there and not moving any time soon) or they can act like children and be largely ignored.

there have been quite a few average weekends, my group got canned which was a bit annoying... hopefully winter brings calmer conditions.

One of the Bouys is now sitting in terrigal Haven. Not sure about the other one.

From the local paper. No copyright intended.

Attachments

• img094.jpg
    img094.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 157
Thanks for keeping us in the loop Tracey:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom