Who to dive with in Puerto Vallarta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lwalden

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We're travelling to Puerto Vallarta for the first time staying at the Villa Del Palmar Flamingo in Riviera Nayarit. I'm wondering what to expect from the dive experience and what established dive shops we should look into. Questions...

1) Do they pick you up in a vehicle and drive you to the boat or does the boat pick you up at the hotel (we just got back from Coz and I'm feeling spoiled!)?
2) How far away are the dive sites generally? Will we be gone all day, 4-5 hours...? Taking our kids and wondering how much babysitting we'll need.
3) What's the diving like in August? Will they cancel due to rain?

Thanks for the help.

No feedback, eh? I'm planning a trip myself and thought your questions were pretty easy ones. Hopefully someone will chime in...

Most operators will pick you up at the Paradise Village Marina, if you are heading to Las Marietas. If you are heading south to Los Arcos or Majuitas, you will probably be asked to find you way into PV. I would plan to be gone from 9-3..most are two dives with at least a 45 minutes boat ride each direction from Nuevo Vallarta. The water can be great in August but like anywhere, water conditions may change. It is alway nice and warm at that time though, typically high 80's. Rain is rarely a reason to cancel. My experience has been it rains at 1945 each evening...and on and off through out the night but is sunny and hot during the day/

some trips leave from the pier "Los Peines" or the Marina Vallarta( almost the same pier) if you are going to los arcos is better to leave from los peines as it is closer, if you are going to las marietas is a little far from los peines. but from punta de mita las marietas is closer.

some operators will arrage a taxi service for you to pick u up....

if you are lucky during december and january you can see the whales jumping while you are heading to the dive site, is pretty cool....

i am going in november(for my wedding :crafty:) and i am planning to do some diving the days before jejeje...

i know pretty well puerto vallarta, if you have questions feel free to ask, not just diving, but from everything in general...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom