Problem with an Inon D-2000 Type

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are getting black pictures, your strobe did not fire as it may have been set off by the preflash or somedoby else's flash. You need to install the magnet to prevent the preflash firing
Test your flash at home by setting it in front and to one side of your camera, and shoot a picture, the housing and cable are not necessary, just use the Inon's sensor to detect the camera's flash. Set yourcamera so it always flashes.
You can test your fiber optic cable by shining a light at one end and looking at the other end. The red rubber cap is fine, all it does is keep outside light from the photosensor
The secret is to test everything at home, dry, to make sure all is working and well coordinated. Good luck!

I do always have a length of optical cable with me and can change the cable in about 5 mins. Also I cut off about 10mm from the end of each cable every 6 months or so as I suspect the ends of the cable get dirty/cracked.

regards

Where do you find bulk optical cable. Would love to carry a "back-up"!!

You can get cheap Toslink cables from monoprice. Work great
Bill

I've dealt with Monoprice before for other entertainment center cabling. They are terrific!

I saw the Toslink cables, just didn't know if they worked well underwater. Which type are you all using? Single or Multi mode?

should we be using AT&T glass fiber cables?

I've dealt with Monoprice before for other entertainment center cabling. They are terrific!

I saw the Toslink cables, just didn't know if they worked well underwater. Which type are you all using? Single or Multi mode?

either should work fine for just light, the only time it matters is when transmitting data.

The Fantasea cable is fine but it costs $36.00. The Toslink cables cost $1.50. Of course they aren
't coiled up and they ends need to be cut but for most applications they work just fine.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom