Brand new diver has question about on-line / Elearning courses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SHAWNFROMMOIGH

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Everyone,

I am brand new to diving. (Finished the SDI Open Water and had ONE whole dive after that.) So please be kind to this noob and his question. (flame suit on just in case ☺ )

I see where SDI has E-Learning Kits for several of it’s proficiencies. Some of these seem to actually require diving and some not. First, am I right so far, in a sense that some of these you stay dry? And second, if this is true, can you simply take these on-line and get what you need?

Thanks in advance,
SHAWNFROMMOIGH

Most Specialities require dives, and the few that do not require dive, you will still have to meet with an SDI Instructor, to review the questions you missed on the tests, and for hands on work, example is elearning Computer Nitrox, no dives, however you have to analyize atleast two nitrox cylinders.Hope this helps. Also most instructors will cover some items that were not covered in the online course work, that they feel is important for you to know. Hope this helps.

Shawn,
Big Dave is correct. Most specialties require dives, the except for SDI is the Computer Nitrox and Equipment Specialties. The online programs you see listed, simply replace a printed version of the academic materials.

Back
Top Bottom