Mares ICON HD and Mac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Fox. I don't have the answer to your question. I don't have a Mac computer so I haven't downloaded the Divers Diary yet. I recommend you send any specific technical questions to our IT support website www.softwaremares.com They should be able to help with these types of questions more accurately than I can.

Best regards,

Thanks, I went ahead and emailed them, I sure hope there is an update soon. I know it's beta but it's not working very well. :banghead:

Zak,

When I want to add a date to the Divers Diary, what format is it? Nothing I try is right. Is it like this or what? 02-28-11 (month, day, year)

If you haven't figured this out yet, I just got mine and after typing every combo of numbers I could think of I finally figured it out.

For the Profile Information area if the date were February 10, 2010 you type it exactly like that and when you hit enter it will automatically abbreviate the month but other wise it seems to accept it. In the Add a Dive screen you enter it 02-10-2010 then press enter or tab for the next box.

I haven't been able to figure out the dive time format though (00.30/00:30/30min.) as these don't work.

On another note, my Icon keeps flashing while hooked up to the computer and is not being shown as hooked up in Diver's Diary. I can use the buttons on the Icon for about 10 seconds and then the screen goes black for 10 seconds then the whole thing starts over again. Likewise when plugged into the wall charging unit it shows the plug icon on the face of the DC but I'm not sure it's actually charging. Any tips on making sure it's connected properly or where exactly I should be seeing the USB interface prompt?

Last edited:
No joy with the upgrade. I established a connection with the new mac software, was able to download my dives into it (yeah!) but when I tried to upgrade the firmware, it said to not interrupt the connection (which I was careful not to do) and make sure there was plenty of battery life in the Mares (which there was) and then it proceeded to download the firmware....Except that it after apparently downloading it, it gave a : failed connection message and, apparently trashed the ICON. Now all the Mares screen says is:"Idle, ready for commands." I'm afraid to disconnect the ICON from my computer and, rather, umm, politely, await your suggestion of what to do.
PS When is the new ICON HD coming out? In my case, it's now a more urgent request!

I tried closing and reopening DiversDiary and repeating the process. It establishes a good enough connection to "erase the flash memory" then it gives a failed connection. When I reconnect it gives a "USB connected, waiting for communication to PC." When I tried repeating all this, now I'm getting just the "Idle, ready for commands." I think the flash memory has been flushed but the firmware can't be loaded...Rather annoying....

Hey everyone,

I have been playing with mine on Mac and pc so I will plug mine into my Mac again tomorrow and tell you what I get. Also how many times I have to relaunch dive planner before it takes the communication between the two. I think the software (even on pc) needs some attention.

Hey everyone,

I have been playing with mine on Mac and pc so I will plug mine into my Mac again tomorrow and tell you what I get. Also how many times I have to relaunch dive planner before it takes the communication between the two. I think the software (even on pc) needs some attention.

Let's quote myself...

It took me about 7 times for the Dive Diary to sink up with my Icon. I had to stop the program then restart. Once I am able to download data then I really like this software better then the PC version. Still not sure about adding in the dates, why does it have to be so difficult?

Hopefully there will be an update soon in firmware and software!

If you haven't figured this out yet, I just got mine and after typing every combo of numbers I could think of I finally figured it out.

For the Profile Information area if the date were February 10, 2010 you type it exactly like that and when you hit enter it will automatically abbreviate the month but other wise it seems to accept it. In the Add a Dive screen you enter it 02-10-2010 then press enter or tab for the next box.

Great I got it. You have to use the "," after the day. That is weird

I am having trouble registering my new Icon HD dive computer.

When I go to the site and enter the serial number, purchase date and purchase location and then press enter I get an "Apache" error from the site.

User: howardsdxb@me.com
Password: 812669
Product: Icon HD
Serial#: 4621-44654
Purchase date: 18 June 2011

As a result I am unable to download the version 2.0 software to update my computer.

Is there currently a problem with the Mares website ?

Is there another way that I can download the 2.0 software update ?

Just went thru this thread. Followed the link from kaskes Feb-17th post, downloaded and installed BETA3. When I launch the app on my Macbook Pro it produces the app menu bar but no user interface whatsoever. None of the menu options (enabled or grayed out) allow me to connect to my Icon. The Icon display shows that I am connected to my Mac. Followed links posted by Zak but they provide no support for Divers Diary. Can anyone point me to what I need to do to launch this app?

Thanks

Does any body knows when the air integration will be available ? Mares has been promosing that for more than a year now !!!!
:confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom