July 4 2011 Ten Mile Point video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome video! I love watching videos from that region. What are those white things protruding from the rocks? Soft corals?

Diving Ten Mile Point (Victoria) on Vimeo
By the way, if any local divers notice that there are less black rockfish than before, a fisherman pulled up 5 or 6 of them in the time that I was underwater.

The daily limit for rockfish in area 19 is one between May 1 and September 30. Here's the number to report violations.
1-800-465-4336
They're very good and will have a C.O. to where you are very quickly if one is in the area.

I was wondering about limits at the time. I actually didn't see the fish he caught (they were in a bucket), but his son came up and told me about it in the parking lot after my dive. He called them "black sea bass", which I'm assuming is fisherman-speak for black rockfish.
I have a feeling that if Fisheries officers paid a visit now and then to the Breakwater and Ten Mile Point, DFO would end up with more money than they know what to do with.

I was wondering about limits at the time. I actually didn't see the fish he caught (they were in a bucket), but his son came up and told me about it in the parking lot after my dive. He called them "black sea bass", which I'm assuming is fisherman-speak for black rockfish.
I have a feeling that if Fisheries officers paid a visit now and then to the Breakwater and Ten Mile Point, DFO would end up with more money than they know what to do with.

The fact that they didn't even know what they were killing makes it worse. Hotspots for poaching can be identified by reporting to that number and resources better utilized.

I was at whytecliff surfacing, spotted a kid poking a washed up starfish with a stick. I proceeded to swear at the dumb little assface.

it was funny..

Anyways, great vid Mark.. ****ty about the rockfish..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom