Seapro BCD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Savaaha

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Anyone know anything on this BCD?
a63036d6.jpg

I picked it up along with a set of Oceanic 1st 2nd stages as well as an octo. Basically everything was in the dive bag but the tank and the fins, got it all for 15.00 at a local thriftshop. Tested them in the pool tonight after repairing the BCDs dumpvalve. Everything works great.

My first bc was a seapro... it was a very light (under 4 lbs), weight integrated, back inflated and fit into a small bag. Wore it and patched it until I could no longer patch the patches. :)

They also made the at-pak which held lead shot in the back. Awesome products and am sorry they they're no longer being produced. Probably one of the best travel bc's around... way before the idea of a light, travel bc became a marketing tool.

Thanks Linda, yes it is indeed a light little BC. It makes my Seaquest pro-qd look like a behemoth. I need to loose another 15-20lbs for it to fit me correctly but thats fine I was dreading having to buy another BC since Im looking to loose weight anyway. I think Ill have to get used to a weight belt, Ive never used one. My lessons were done with a seaquest too.

I'm guessing yours must be a later model since they only were making weight-integrated ones when I got mine. I only used a weight belt once when wearing a 7mm diving the channel islands off CA and that was a disaster.... no matter how much I tightened it, it still kept falling down to my knees!

You can try adding some weight pockets on the tank bands and putting some in the bc pockets... especially if you don't use a lot of weight when doing tropical diving.

I cruise ebay every now and then looking for the one I used to use.... found one a while back but the seller was in Hong Kong and both the asking and S+H price were way too high.

Sea pro was bought out years ago (early to mid 90's)and changed their name to Dive Tek Inc. A few years later moved their facilities from Huntington Beach CA. to Garden Grove, CA. I am not sure they are still in business but believe they might be due to the fact a So. African divers supply company called Dive Tek.co.za and they seem to have some current Dive Tek Inc. produts in stock. Last known address I have is 7281 Garden Grove Blvd #8 Garden Grove, CA. 92841 and phone numbers 888-421-9938 and 714-379-9060. I hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom