Any pressure gauge recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Me likey. But I see "bs"s point about being able to pick which type of hose to use. In the end, I would probably switch out a standard hose for a myflex one.

No worries. You should be able to swap hoses on any SPG. And a good retailer may honor a request for a different hose (of equal or lesser value).

It might come down to preference. The HOG SPGs will probably be excellent (I don't own one but they look great). I needed both PSI and BAR markings, so that influenced my choice. The boot was a bonus.
:wink:

Me likey. But I see "bs"s point about being able to pick which type of hose to use. In the end, I would probably switch out a standard hose for a myflex one.

:caveman:

You really need to read up on HP Miflex. A lot of people are complaining about them failing.

If you are getting the SPG's for side mount for example then you will be looking for a 6-9" HP hose as opposed to the 32" or so for back mount.

:caveman:

You really need to read up on HP Miflex. A lot of people are complaining about them failing.

Ahhhhhh. Had not seen those. Point taken.

OMS, HOG or Halcyon SPG. No boot. Mounted on a 22-24" HP hose. Tied with a SS bolt snap.

I've not used a Miflex HP hose, but there have been reports on unreliability here on the forum. I use a SS braided hose on mine. Solid.

I like a stiffer hose on my SPG, but then I do not use a clip, I just put it in the small of my back under my tank(s), it tends to stay there.

I just picked this one (Seavue) up recently at the thrift shop. It came with a boot and a hose.
Picture2004-30.jpg
A little vinegar and elbow grease cleaned it up.
Picture2005-24.jpg
And now it works great.
Picture2009-18.jpg

Thanks for the replies (and the heads up about myflex hp hoses). I'm leaning toward the Oms gauge.

OMS, Halcyon, HOG, Dive Rite and every other (current) 2.5" or 3" brass & glass SPG I've ever seen are are all made by Termo Industria in Italy. So the only difference is the design of the face. Personally I like a plain design without any colour/low gas marking, since the colours go at depth and can make it hard to see the needle, and what 'low gas' is varies depending on the dive. Bar or PSI is up to you but you don't need both cluterring up the dial. Otherwise just go for the cheapest B&G one you can find, with a clip & no boot

OMS, Halcyon, HOG, Dive Rite and every other (current) 2.5" or 3" brass & glass SPG I've ever seen are are all made by Termo Industria in Italy. So the only difference is the design of the face. Personally I like a plain design without any colour/low gas marking, since the colours go at depth and can make it hard to see the needle, and what 'low gas' is varies depending on the dive. Bar or PSI is up to you but you don't need both cluterring up the dial. Otherwise just go for the cheapest B&G one you can find, with a clip & no boot

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom