First Sighting of New Wreck on Koh Tao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ayeshacantrell

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
The ship landed on it's roof in the sand. The bottom is 29 and the top is around 21-23 m. Its a shame as the other vessels that were sunk in Pattaya I believe went down upright. Our Captain said that he was going back to the wreck last night and with the hep of 2 of the nightboats they were going to try and turn it on to it's starboard side. The mast has snapped off and there is damage to the tower, but the guns are all still attached at the bow and stern. Should make for an interesting dive, bit deeper than planned I think, and the bottom has been sealed off so it is just the main deck and the tower which are accessible.

Im off the island at the mo but as soon as I get images I will post and I will update once I get to dive it myself too.....

The ones in pattaya went both went down upright with no problems. When the navy sunk them up here they used tugs what sprayed water into them making them bottom heavy. I never saw them do that from the koh to photos / video. It would be nice if they can get it to stand straight. Why did they seal it off? They never did here

Has anyone dived the wreck yet? Any pictures or video?

The sinking sounds like a disaster unfortunately, wishful thinking that a couple of boats are going to pull it over on its side.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom