Snuba and flying

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone..this will be theo nly dive/snuba on the trip..and we should have plenty of time then! Thanks again

What is 'snuba'?

Its a single tank on a small raft with typically 2 x 20-25' hoses for 2 divers. Its for tourist wanting a taste of scuba in shallow warm water with no training required. Typically the dive guide is on a standard tank directly supervision the customers.

Consult your dive tables. Nitrogen is created by going underwater, with or without compressed air. You have to look at your tables, this is considered a dive and same rules apply. I am sure you are only going 20 feet or less and only for 30 mins. According to DCIEM Diving manual it states.

Flying after diving

After a no-decompression dive, allow enough Surface interval time to elapse for the RF (Repetive Factor) to diminish to 1.0 before flying.

20 feet for 30 min is an A and my table says 9 hours.
30 feet for 30 mins is an A and is still 9 hours.
40 feet for 30 mins is a B and it states 12 hours before flying.
The longer you wait the better of course, if you waited 18 hours, you would have to dive on snuba for
20 feet for 240 mins
30 feet for 150 mins
40 feet for 90 mins
50 feet for 75 mins
60 feet for 60 mins. hahahaha, on snuba....

If you leave a message telling me how deep it is and for how long, I will tell you exactly what my commercial DCIEM diving manual says.

Back
Top Bottom