The explanation of d33ps1x as nick. What's yours mean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boogie711:
My dog's name and my birthday.

And I thought the last part was where you hung out to get your slurpies...!

d33ps1x:
What's your story?
I always wanted to be a suave British secret agent who invented fuel powered rockets on the side.

No, wait, that's not it....hmm, guess I have to ask my parents. :wink:

Kevin Ripley:
I use my name, IMHO if you're going say something and not put your name at the bottom it has as much credability as a article in the National Enquirer.

What, I suppose you take issue with my National Enquirer Dive Tables, too?

Why just today I did a 138' dive for 216 minutes, on air, with no deco stops, and I'm just fi- OWW, jeez my legs are starting to hurt.....

Air_Miser
(Wishful thinking, not backed up by my S.A.C) :)

Air_Miser:
What, I suppose you take issue with my National Enquirer Dive Tables, too?

Why just today I did a 138' dive for 216 minutes, on air, with no deco stops, and I'm just fi- OWW, jeez my legs are starting to hurt.....
:)

Like the old joke, "gee, can't remember the dive plan. Was that 30' for 300 minutes, or 300' for 30 minutes......."

When I first got onto the internet I used to use my given names on webboards but I found out the hard way why that is not such a great idea. Too easy to have someone with bad intentions to haunt you, '411 online' gives out addresses and phone numbers. I ended up having to change a phone number. In a personal exchange however I always add my real name unless the person Im communicating with gives reason not to trust them.
As for my nick, I like football, the round kind, and spent a few years in the 90's making underground videos of the 'lads' in action. Ive spent as much money on a single football trip to Europe as 5th D is estimating a trip to the 'Hermes I' would cost. Fortunately the videos subsidized it a fair deal. At one point we had 4 continents covered. Plus we pulled a few coups including procurring a copy of a video tape that a police dept had used for evidence and a lot of CCTV footage. As the only one of our collective who used NTSC, I had the north american market for myself.

Kevin Ripley:
I use my name, IMHO if you're going say something and not put your name at the bottom it has as much credability as a article in the National Enquirer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d33ps1x
What's your story?

I Stole my son's nic name at the time I had a brain cramp ( although a small one )

I find this thread pretty interesting. I never really put thought into the origin of web names. I just hope that I'll be able to dive everywhere in the world, of my choice then move on to a bigger ocean. It's not really as deep as it sounds.

Just thought it would be encouragement to others to getwet2.:water:

Obviously my username is that of my shop, however I did have another one that I used a few years ago for quite a while, but I lost my password and couldn't get back on no matter what I tried or who I emailed so I just started over.

I prefer the fact that I now have my own name out there because if I say something stupid or rude then I am accountable for it.

Of course it makes me hover over the enter key quite a bit longer, but that's probably a good thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom