Mexico + Florida June 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Sas, if you're planning another Mexico tour next June, please let us know ... I'd be up for joining you (haven't done Mexico yet), and maybe we could talk Sam and Donna into coming down too. Would be kinda cool to get a few SB'ers together down there ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Yes sure thing, that sounds great! I'll be in touch once I know more of my plans :)

Great write up and pictures Sas! It was wonderful meeting you. I used to really hate diving Ginnie until I got "schooled" on how to get out of the flow :wink: That June 2012 Mexico trip sounds like fun ! Let us know if you do put something together.

Thanks tas! Yep I think I need some schooling re Ginnie :)

Yes sure thing, that sounds great! I'll be in touch once I know more of my plans :)

Thanks tas! Yep I think I need some schooling re Ginnie :)

I don't know if it's changed much since then, but when I was down there in late May, the water flow was way down due to a lack of rain. I had always heard that Jackson Blue had flow, but when I was there it was barely perceptible. I didn't make it over to Ginnie, so have no comparison to previous experiences ... but I do know what you mean about "Ginnie fingers" ... they get a bit "tender" after a few dives ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Alot of the really high flow caves are low flow(or no flow) caves at the moment due to the drought.

Once the aquiffer recharges, come out and play again :)

Alot of the really high flow caves are low flow(or no flow) caves at the moment due to the drought.

Yes I gathered that as the only cave where there was a bit of flow was at Ginnie and it was only really the entrance that was an issue. Took me by surprise :) Cow Springs and Little River I was told had strong flow but it wasn't very much.

Once the aquiffer recharges, come out and play again :)

I think I'd rather stick to when there is a drought :)

Oh where's your sense of adventure? Running a line down into the Ear when it's trying to spit you back out is a barrel of fun ... then you get to go sit up in the eaves and get your breath back before playing like Spiderman ...

... at least, that's how us scooterless cave newbs do it ... :blinking:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Oh where's your sense of adventure? Running a line down into the Ear when it's trying to spit you back out is a barrel of fun ... then you get to go sit up in the eaves and get your breath back before playing like Spiderman ...

... at least, that's how us scooterless cave newbs do it ... :blinking:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

My sense of adventure around cave diving is more about seeing how small a hole that I can fit in, not so much on having to swim far or hard :rofl3:

My sense of adventure around cave diving is more about seeing how small a hole that I can fit in, not so much on having to swim far or hard :rofl3:
I'm with ya on the swimming hard bit ... my first trip into the Ear, we got to the bottom, set the reel, and I took off kicking like mad. Then I looked up, saw a coupla guys pulling themselves along almost effortlessly and thought to myself ... "hey ... look what THEY'RE doing" ... and got my tired butt up there ...

As for the small hole stuff ... I'm just getting around to sorting that one out. I didn't much like it at first ... but this last trip had me starting to see the attraction ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Great write up and pics!!! Sounds like you had an awesome cave diving and land experience :bounce4:

I don't always plan trips and give tours, but when I do, I make sure they are full of awesome.

Reactions: Sas
My sense of adventure around cave diving is more about seeing how small a hole that I can fit in, not so much on having to swim far or hard

A woman after my own heart! I'd be excited to join you in MX next year. I kind of like April, instead of June; it's still low season, but the mosquito count is lower.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom