eastcliffe hall charter ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He's the only regular charter I'm aware of too...

Kevin Ripley:
I believe Kanata Diving Supply has a booking with Depthcharge diving coming up.

Give them a call. 592-9169

Will do Thanks!!

I have always wanted to do this wreck, but I was wondering how good a dive it is and what are the best parts to see and things to know.

also is there any problem mooring at the wreck with a private boat?

Thanks

Dive Source:
I have always wanted to do this wreck, but I was wondering how good a dive it is and what are the best parts to see and things to know.

also is there any problem mooring at the wreck with a private boat?

Thanks

Hey Brian, did 3 dives there today and what an incredible wreck. It's huge (343' long) and has endless things to see. If you're trained for overhead you could spend ages on this wreck exploring all the cargo holds and passageways. Lots of silt in places tho and some of those cargo bays are very dark even with a 10 Watt HID.

The current is strong like Lock 21 on a fast day and vis varied today from 15-20'. We were using a private boat and had no problems. ArtW, Freefloat, and I had some fantastic dives.

Chrysler Marina were very friendly and apparently will start charging launch fees next weekend. $7/launch or $50/season. Definitely worth a visit or 10. Happy diving,
UM

Man, I would have to agree with U_M. At first I was not relishing the thought of current and indeed on the surface it sure seemed to be "rippin' ". However when both Art and Michael surfaced with mask-splitting grins I just had to gear up to go see what was so fantastic.

That wreck is HUGE. I found enough to look at in a 50' x 50' square to burn off a whole dive on. I could easily do a dozen dives on that thing and still find interesting stuff. And, the current is IMO manageable as it drops half its strength by the time you make it to the wreck itself (superstructure remains start at about 50'). Plus for the less confident there are plenty of sharp edges to grab and hang onto :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom