Scubapro Framless Mask discntinued!!! Why!!!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SPKelpDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I can't believe they discontinued this mask. I have been using it for years and it has always been the best fitting mask I have ever worn. I went online to order another one and I couldnt find it in stock anywhere. Does anyone know why the he'll scuba pro would do this to such a timeless mask? If there was ever a one size fits all mask, this was sure close to it. Also, can anybody recommend a similar mask from any company?

The Atomic and Hollis Frameless are popular - I have both and the Hollis leaks more so my current favorite is Atomic - Obviously different masks fit different people so try all.

Last edited:
I can think of at least $130 reasons the Scubapro frameless has run its course.

This is not the same but pretty close: ScubaMax MK153 Frameless Mask

When you look at it an say "that is not a Scubapro frameless", look at the sale receipt and see if it does not look pretty good.

Just for grins I checked Leisurepro and the SP Frameless popped up on the home page as one of their most popular items. Of course they are "out of stock".

At my local dive shop the mask is $130, but I always ordered it online for around 50 bucks. I will check out these other masks, but it's sketchy ordering a mask without having tried it on first, and I don't think my local shop carries some of these brands.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom