Storage life of DiveSorb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I have two 40-pound containers of DiveSorb at home that hasn't been used in about 3 years. Given some personal conditions, it will surely take more than a year before it will be used again.
Since I don't want to take chances, I am wondering how long I can keep the DiveSorb before it loses its effectiveness. I'd rather throw it out and buy it new when I am ready to dive my rebreather again, but also don't feel like wasting the money if this stuff keeps good for ages.
It's been sitting in a closet in my study, so nice and warm, unopened (although, of course, it's far from hermetically sealed).

Does anyone know how long the DiveSorb is good for?

thanks,
Roger

Like medicines, beyond the expiry date the effectiveness diminishes. It will still work, but less effective. Therefore using sorb beyond expiry date creates an
unknown risk; you don't know how much less effective the sorb is. It could be 10% or 80%, or any number between or beyond. you mileage WILL vary...

I just finished a keg that exp Feb 09. Maximun depth that I used when expired was 150ft. Just made sure there was enough bail-out available. For anything deeper I'd would use fresh 'lime I should add that I only do one dive on the fill, whether it's 20 min or an hour

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom