SeaLife Mini II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I quit using the underwater modes on the Mini II. The pictures were coming out with a purple tint. So, I only use LAND mode. It works a lot better. I can use Photoshop and Lightroom to remove the blue... Pictures come out much better, too.

The Mini II is junk. I've been shooting 35mm and DSLR photography for over 20 years now, and used to have an original Mini as well, but this Mini II cannot take a clear focused picture.
I've tried absolutely EVERYTHING to try to coax a good shot out of it - bright mid-day sunlit land photography, even using a tripod for max steadiness, it can't get a clear shot. Close-up or landscape modes makes no difference, it takes hazy blurry pictures. I'm returning it and buying another used second hand original 1st generation Mini.

Diverdaverecon,

have you contacted our service center about the issues you are having with the focusing. It is possible that there is a slight calibration error that coudl be causing this, especially since you have gone to great lengths to try everything. Although these are fixed focus cameras, there is the possibility that the were not calibrated correctly. Contact our service group and let them know your issue and they will take care of you.

Joe

After a lot of effort and mixed results, I sold mine. The price is nice but it's a very finicky, mediocre camera. Maybe SeaLife will get it right with the Mini III cause I like the design, but this was not ready for release. Maybe for $50 more they could build a similar camera that works consistently?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom