GoPro Content: Adding a Red or Yellow Filter / Tint To A MAKO Flat Lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bopper

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well the title pretty much sums it up. How can I add a filter or tint to my Mako Flat Lens? Is there a colored transparent adhesive sheet available?

Also, for California diving which color would be preferable for depths of 30 to 80 ft?

Thanks! :cool2:

I would use a video editor program instead, because the color filters dull the available light unless your in the tropics in the middle of a summers day- the problem I have is close up work....just can't seem to get little fish to look very detailed on the screen- r5 is better at 120* angle and a +4 diopter.

Double post - see below

Last edited:
I would use a video editor program instead, because the color filters dull the available light unless your in the tropics in the middle of a summers day- the problem I have is close up work....just can't seem to get little fish to look very detailed on the screen- r5 is better at 120* angle and a +4 diopter.

Fantastic suggestion. Didn't even realize it was available. This might be especially helpful because I didn't want the red filter on surface shots. Hopefully Sony Vegas Movie Studio has this function.

Pursuit Diving has a red filter, I used one on some recent dives on the Oriskany. It goes inside the housing between the camera and the lens.

Thanks. The post production option would be Plan A but this is the perfect Plan B. At $7.00 I was going to buy two, but I just called and they're out of stock for another week or so.:depressed:

Does anyone happen to have a link for comparisons of the red filter applied post production through an editing program?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom