I just don't get it, do you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba=dude

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I realy don't understand why non solo divers come to this forum (solo divers is a non flame site) and have nothing to add in the forum that has anything to do with solo diving other then, how we are going to die under the brimey waves...........I know that if a solo diver where to start posting on same of the other forums there would be a sh!t storm like no body has ever seen before.

What? You start a thread about it

What? You start a thread about it

Like it's better to remain silent????

I don't get it either. But what can you do- you even have SB staff trolling around flaming solo divers (Check out the other thread ("RIP solo diver")). -->

The issue remains; if he had a buddy, he might have been rescued and resuscitated. Unanticipated medical conditions can be a death sentence to the solo diver.

so it's one of those do as I say not as I do..........

so it's one of those do as I say not as I do..........

Yes, you have the "do as I say" group and also the "if is not good for me, it can't possible be good for anyone else"

There is a similar situation every once in a while in the Hunting forum, where you'll get someone out of the blues posting that spearfishing is bad.

Reactions: Jax
Perfect, Ana ... I'd "like" that if I could.

Tapatalk by Droid

Considering that people get emotional about Scuba divers use of snorkels on this forum, it shouldn’t be a big surprise. I suspect a major reason solo is such an emotional issue is it runs counter to a basic premise taught since the beginning of open circuit Scuba. It’s like “if that isn’t true will Boyle’s law be next?”

There is a large contingent in this sport at all levels that depends more on dogma than understanding.

Last edited:
Considering that people get emotional about Scuba divers use of snorkels on this forum, it shouldn’t a big surprise. I suspect a major reason solo is such an emotional issue is it runs to counter a basic premise taught since the beginning of open circuit Scuba. It’s like “if that isn’t true will Boyle’s law be next?”

There is a large contingent in this sport at all levels that depends more on dogma than understanding.

Yup, just what you said

Mind in I have that quote in my signature?

Accidents happen. That's why they are called accidents.

Years ago one of the DAN statistics found that a RB diver died in a swimming pool because he forgot to turn it on before he went in. Do we now chastise all RB divers because of his mistake? No.

Back
Top Bottom