Riptide BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jnorris

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello Divers!

A local dive shop has a number of Riptide BCDs for sale. These are new, or maybe in this day and age should be referred to as "new old stock". Anyway, we used Riptide BCDs for our training dives and I like the way they fit and perform. However, I've done some searching around here on Scuba board and across the net so I know the history of Riptide. Which brings me to my question...

I am looking for opinions (and I'm sure I can find some around here :) ) as to whether it makes sense to purchase a Riptide BCD today. I am looking at other current-model BCDs from many manufacturers and there all all kinds of pros and cons to all of them. But this Riptide unit keeps calling me. Should I heed the call or turn away??

Thanks for any and all input!

How much are they? Are they the Zone bcds , Im in the market for a new BCD Ive lost alot of weight and XXL Knighthawk
is to big. Thanks

Post a pic please so I can SEE which model you are referring to

Thanks

The dive shop has several Riptide BCs on the rack, both back inflate and jacket style. I'll stop out there and check the prices in the next few days and post some more info.

My brother and another person I dive with both have a Riptide Zone II back inflate BC's and really like them. My brother uses his for single 100 HP steel and puts a back plate in it and uses it with HP 100 steel doubles. Both of them have the weight pockets permanently attached and have both a cummberbund and waist band.
I have a Omega Aquatics Evolution BC. Same BC, different company, newer model. Mine only has a waist band and the weight pockets come off. I took the weight pockets off and replaced the waist band with a web weight belt and buckle. I dive single LP 108 steels with mine and love it

Hubby & I both have Riptide Zone II... Back inflate, 6 years old. Love them still, look like new....Highly recommend them

Thanks for the comments. Just what I was looking to hear. Very much appreciated!

Hello, I am looking into some quite cheap, new old stock [h=1]RIPTIDE NAUTILUS[/h]
from ebay, and I can't understand which one will fit me.

In all other BCD labels I wear a Medium but the nautilus sizing is like , S-M and M-L.

Has anyone got any experience or any advice over my dilemma ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom