intro limits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What did your friend do in class? And was it during class or after the final required dive, and after having passed the class, but with the instructor?

I know the instructor and highly doubt he bent or broke any rules but I am surprised that there is any confusion over the proper limits of intro.

I think Wormil got trolled. :)

you think? :cool2:

It was one of two things, a troll, which I guess is what happened, or a typical tech diver douchery of 'I'm such a bad ass, look at my huge wang, you newbs are tards'.

I'm not immune to trolling, so no surprise here.

I don't think they are mutually exclusive options here wormil :wink:

What did your friend do in class? And was it during class or after the final required dive, and after having passed the class, but with the instructor?

I know the instructor and highly doubt he bent or broke any rules but I am surprised that there is any confusion over the proper limits of intro.

Clarifying was for me.

Getting back to your original question, I didn't exactly follow what you were asking either, but agree with the no navigational decisions and 1/6 of doubles limits for Intro divers.

As previously noted, there are ways to "bypass" the navigational decision by running your primary straight to another line. For example, by the letter of the law, an intro diver shouldn't make the jump at pothole. But if they ran their own line in and tied in to the mainline on the far side of the pothole jump, technically they are still doing mainline, with no jumps. So they're following the letter, but not the spirit of the rules.

Which also opens up the whole can of worms about when is it ok to do that and when is it not? Easiest way to avoid that issue is to not circumvent the rules in the first place.

Getting back to your original question, I didn't exactly follow what you were asking either, but agree with the no navigational decisions and 1/6 of doubles limits for Intro divers.

As previously noted, there are ways to "bypass" the navigational decision by running your primary straight to another line. For example, by the letter of the law, an intro diver shouldn't make the jump at pothole. But if they ran their own line in and tied in to the mainline on the far side of the pothole jump, technically they are still doing mainline, with no jumps. So they're following the letter, but not the spirit of the rules.

Which also opens up the whole can of worms about when is it ok to do that and when is it not? Easiest way to avoid that issue is to not circumvent the rules in the first place.

Pot hole is permanently gapped by gold line and marked "emergency exit".

There are side passages along the mainline there that have no lines. I wasn't sure if tying off and going up one was considered a jump as I believed the rule to be 'no jumps'. ( My limitations are no more than 2 navigational decisions, but gaps are not included in that and are limited only by no deco and gas. )

My intent was to know how much we could poke around and look at things or if it was OK THE GOLD LINE! My gut feeling, from a chat with JahJah and the posting of no nav decisions, is that it's just cruise up and down the main line, which is totally fine :) Main line is awesome, but I didn't want to say, "Hey, let's look down the false tunnel by peanut" if it's not allowed.

Pot hole is permanently gapped by gold line and marked "emergency exit".
Can you tell it's been a while since I dove Peacock? :)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom