DSS Rig Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thin suit / rash guard is consistent with my assumptions. My recommendations stay the same.

Tobin

Okay, I think I'm going to get the rig you suggested.

I appreciate the fast reply. You really do take care of your customers! Haha.
I'm going to tell my family about DSS. They're also looking for hog rigs (is that what you call it?)

Okay, I think I'm going to get the rig you suggested.

I appreciate the fast reply. You really do take care of your customers! Haha.
I'm going to tell my family about DSS. They're also looking for hog rigs (is that what you call it?)

Thanks for the kind words. Let me know if you or your family has any questions.

Tobin

Tobin will absolutely help you with this..and ensure that you get the right wing for your specific requirements.

Like devondiver said. Period. Call tobin and he'll square you away and won't sell you stuff you don't need. He actually talked me out if a couple things that I thought I needed.

+1 on all the good stuff everyone else said about BP/Ws

My friend bought dive rite and switched to DSS after about 20 dives in DR. Still dives DSS as do I.

Great wing, the wing dumps very well.

Tobin has great support. I have received a replacement hose in mail from him as there was a recall on hoses and mine actually started leaking after 20 dives:) . I did not even complain :) he sent it on his own.

So you can rely on the product and you will likely be happy that you were short of funds for DR as I actually think the DSS rig is better.

If you order the rig, check other goodies on the DSS website, they have a lot of other useful stuff like compass/computer boots, etc. You might save on shipping

My friend bought dive rite and switched to DSS after about 20 dives in DR. Still dives DSS as do I.

Great wing, the wing dumps very well.

Tobin has great support. I have received a replacement hose in mail from him as there was a recall on hoses and mine actually started leaking after 20 dives:) . I did not even complain :) he sent it on his own.

So you can rely on the product and you will likely be happy that you were short of funds for DR as I actually think the DSS rig is better.

If you order the rig, check other goodies on the DSS website, they have a lot of other useful stuff like compass/computer boots, etc. You might save on shipping

Wow, that's customer care for ya! I've never heard anyone complain about DSS's service and that's the best part of deciding which equipment to buy.

I'm determined to buy a DSS rig in the near future.

Like devondiver said. Period. Call tobin and he'll square you away and won't sell you stuff you don't need. He actually talked me out if a couple things that I thought I needed.

Most shops would convince you to buy MORE stuff that they'll say you need, but you really don't. :no:
I appreciate that Tobin actually wants the best for his customers and that alone makes buying from DSS worth it :D

Let me know if you or your family has any questions.

Will do sir !

Woohoo! Another DSS rig on Guam? I think you would be the fifth (rumored) owner of a DSS rig on-island, though I only know one personally. We should form a club. :wink:

I don't anyone has pointed out yet that the Mares Icon is positively buoyant because of all the padding, while the kydex plate with attached rings and such seems to be at least 1 pound negative. You will not need to carry lead with the new rig.

Woohoo! Another DSS rig on Guam? I think you would be the fifth (rumored) owner of a DSS rig on-island, though I only know one personally. We should form a club. :wink:

Yay! Does my spare plate count to up the DSS population here? I agree, we'll have to start the DSS Club of Guam and hold theme dives. Two of the other instructors here just switched to DSS bungie mounts; we'll have to work on getting them into some kydex.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom