PADI instructor e-learning question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

randytay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Is there a reason to do the e-learning? The cost itself is $320.

After the elearning portion, you still have to pay the same tuition fees and buy the instructor crew pak, so why pay extra for elearning?

Thanks in advance.

Here's the deal....... if you'll check around and see which CDC actually give you credit for taking the e-learning then it's worth while and will save you a day in training.

Some CDCs don't give you credit because they want you to pay them of course...

I know that EASE does give you credit against training and against the overall cost of the IDC....... they will expect you to do the e-learning and the results will go to them....

For me it was a no-brainer and put me ahead of the other 2 students that did not do it and paid more.......

REgards,
Bob C.

Here's the deal....... if you'll check around and see which CDC actually give you credit for taking the e-learning then it's worth while and will save you a day in training.

Some CDCs don't give you credit because they want you to pay them of course...

I know that EASE does give you credit against training and against the overall cost of the IDC....... they will expect you to do the e-learning and the results will go to them....

For me it was a no-brainer and put me ahead of the other 2 students that did not do it and paid more.......

REgards,
Bob C.

I guess you are paying for the convenience of completing part of your IDC at home whenever it suits you.
Same with all the other e-learning courses.

As long as your CD will give you credit for it, I would suggest doing it. I did it in mine and loved the fact that it got me out of a day of classroom. The elearning is hideously boring.

If you go the e-learning route, must you still take the written tests during the IDC/IE?

I think Elearning is worth any money if it allows you to avoid spending IDC time in a classroom. I mean, what future instructor would want to be sat in a classroom watching a role-model display of how practical classroom instruction should be given?

I think Elearning is worth any money if it allows you to avoid spending IDC time in a classroom. I mean, what future instructor would want to be sat in a classroom watching a role-model display of how practical classroom instruction should be given?
:cool2:

If you go the e-learning route, must you still take the written tests during the IDC/IE?

yes, you still need to write both IDC and IE written exam. eLearning will give you credit for about one day to one and a half day of classroom work during the IDC. some IDC will make use of this classroom time and transfer to inwater time, of course depends on who is the Course Director.:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom