Grays Harbor County

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divermike1011

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone here have experience diving diving along the coast in Gray's Harbor County? Or live there? The wife and I are looking at moving there post Hawaii.

Michael

Michael: I have dived around Westport to check it out. If I lived there I would consider driving to Hood Canal or the Strait of Juan de Fuca to dive. I have done only shore dives there and haven't gone offshore in a boat which might be a better experience.
- Curt

I've lived just south of Grays Harbor County in Pacific County...and most of the good diving is inland. As Curt said...look at diving on the Hood Canal. Astoria has some diving, but it's very low visibility. The closest shops to you would be Astoria Scuba and Hood Sport 'n Dive.

If you get over to the Seattle area for scuba...we'd love to dive with you!

Ah well... can't have everything, eh? The wife and I found some great land near Humptulips and I wanted to see if there was descent diving without a long drive... But will definitely make it up to Seattle when we move! I'm taking donations now for a drysuit :wink: which I hear is pretty much required up thre.

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom