Komodo Trip with S95 and Fix Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shutsal

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just got back from a trip to Komodo, Indonesia and thought I would share some photos. It was the first time I had taken a camera underwater besides a kiddy pool and was very surprised by my results..

Taken with the following setup:
Canon S95
Fix Housing
Inon S2000
Fisheye Fix UWL-04
Inon UCL-165

All shot in manual on both the camera and strobe

Best of gallery (~100 photos)
Best of Komodo - a set on Flickr

All pictures (~250 photos)

Komodo - a set on Flickr

Also like to say thanks to everyone on the forum here (especially Nemrod, ozziworld, and Durwin) for all your great posts that definitely made selecting a setup much easier.

nice shots. great job for your first trip under water with your camera

Well done, lots of nice photos in there. I must be honest, I shot all my photos from March in RAW and I *still* haven't processed them yet, combination of reasons but amongst them, I was a little disappointed with the overall quality of shots - I think its my composition skills (!), lack of good subjects (not too much macro stuff keeping still!) and unfamiliarity with the kit. Plus the daunting prospect of hours of Lightroom & Photoshop editing when I don't really know what I'm doing... Your photos have reminded me I must get around to processing them before my next trip to Sulawesi in a few months so I can be better educated next time around!
Cheers
-Durwin

Your first whack at underwater photography? You've got to be kidding!!!!! I'm stunned. Strong work! :clapping:

Plus the daunting prospect of hours of Lightroom & Photoshop editing when I don't really know what I'm doing...

Thanks for the kind words. One thing I didn't realize was how many hours of my life I would spend in Aperture processing the pictures. One good thing about being up at 2:30am with jet lag, lots of free time to adjust white balance in pictures!

Thanks shutsal. Do regular step up rings you would buy at any photography shop work fine? or is there something special about converters for underwater use?

Wow, you are doing something right, in fact, beautiful efforts. Thanks for sharing.

N

Back
Top Bottom