What did you buy that you regret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bought X-Large twin jets to fit my drysuit boots and then stopped using my drysuit (it's dead Jim) and now I am diving wet and need to wear multiple neoprene socks in my rockboots and my feet are always freezing. Anyone know of either a ridiculously thick neoprene sock without a sole or want to trade a set of X-Large jets for a medium? If I buy a sensible wetsuit boot to actually fit my fetus like feet I'll only need a medium fin.

Almost sad I have reached the end of this thread - both informative and entertaining (thanks magnetic clip owners). I have learned a lot, including the idea that it is not the end of the world if what I like now, is not what I like in the future. If I have any regrets on gear, it will not be for lack of information. So for now, my only regret is that I didn't cert sooner....

Kinda wish I didnt' own a tank(AL100) so I don't have to lug it the dive site and just rent one there...but then I sure do like the larger tank over a AL80.

Definitely regret buying booties without a zipper. those are a pain to get off sometimes.

Ummm.......an al80, fill cards because my friends use it up before i do, my spare reg that i loaned to a friend a year and a half ago.....still on loan

A BF Knife.
Grew up waiting for the next episode of Sea Hunt. Couldn't wait to see Lloyd Bridges get into an U/W knife fight - almost every week.
Started diving in kelp and couldn't afford a big knife.
When I finally could afford one, bought a cool big stainless blunt tip knife.
Spent a season untangling the knife hilt from kelp.
Got me a wee little modified paring knife from Tobin at DeepSeaSupply. Made a replacement for about $12.
Now I realize that big old knife just looks funny and people laughed at me.
AND - I won't sell it to you 'cause you don't need it either.
I show my students what a bad scuba purchase looks like...

And we laugh at it...

Yes, but those BF Knives are great for cutting one of the hoses on a big double-hose regulator. :eyebrow:

Haven't bought any kit. So no regrets. (apart from not having my own stuff, obviously)

Expensive snorkel. I hate wearing one and will not unless some dive boat or something makes me. I believe I might get a roll up one to store in a pocket and sell the other one!

Back
Top Bottom