Where to Get Equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe peoples response is in part because they are new, but my experience with LP has been great. I've also had good experience with Scubatoys and online in general including Scubaboard and Ebay.

If you can get good prices locally great. Zeagle is competitive for BC's between local vs. online here. Other, less expensive BC's are not. Computers are not. For example the Oceanic VT3 is $959 locally and $699 online... You pay tax locally, so that kills any shipping cost disadvantage.

Accessories you would think would be competitive, but accessory markup is very high locally.

Overall online is rarely a bad choice, and it often saves the buyer hundreds. If you live in FL local shopping is usually good. If you live anywhere else forgetaboutit.

I've been looking fo new gear and just got a quote from Leisure Pro for about 600 less then my LDS but before ordering im going to give them a chance to match it.

I've been looking fo new gear and just got a quote from Leisure Pro for about 600 less then my LDS but before ordering im going to give them a chance to match it.

depending on what it is if they get within 10% of the LP price i would go with the LDS, usually if there is a problem the LDS will try harder to make you happy and fix it where with other people's gear they will make you wait out the service lines and not give you the friendly bump to help keep you diving. My LDS loaned me a rental reg set (only taking CC info incase we stole it) when my dive buddys reg blew the diaphram and it was unable to be fixed for about 6 hours. Because of that I try getting everything through them and recommend them to EVERYONE i know of looking for snorkling/diving gear or charters. My LDS has gotten probably 2k in equipment sales from me, +fills.

Hi I was wondering where is a good website to buy scuba equipment. I am looking for new equipment since I will be doing a lot of scuba diving in the coming months. I would prefer a website where I can get equipment from a variety of manufacturers. Please don't message me about used equipment. Thanks.

New divers are a great place to get new equipment, since many buy it and never dive again.

The trick is getting them to understand that used, it's only worth about 1/3 of what they paid for it new.

flots.

i know this thread is a month old but along the same lines, any places online that dont cost an arm and a leg for shipping? Ive checked out leisurepro and scuba.com and the shipping is often really expensive. I like shopping online so just curious :) (Im in Canada)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom