Meganova Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bwade

Contributor
Reaction score
Thunder Bay Ontario, usually found Under the Ice o
# of dives
Greetings Intova Folks,

I presently have a Supernova light which I use extensively in the deep dark depths of Lake Superior and highly recommend it to anyone who wants a great, compact and powerful light.

Recently I found the Meganova Light on your website and am interested in this piece of kit.

Question: Given the light is of such high lumen output and the light beam is 55 degrees; would Intova be considering making the Meganova with an adjustable beam with especially for it's high output setting?

It would be very useful to be able to narrow the beam under some circumstances and If this light gets this adjust-ability, I want one immediately.

Cheers,
Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Adjustable beam torches are very tricky and significantly impact brightness. We have been experimenting with these for a couple of years and will introduce our first production version in a couple of months. It will not be the 2000 lumen version though. We are developing a focused beam version of the 2000 lumen light for later this year.

Regards,
Joe Ganahl

Thanks Joe! I look forward to seeing the 2000 lumen version appear. I'll keep watching your website.
Cheers,
Bruce

Would you be coming out with the version that can work with AND without external canister battery pack for more battery run time?

If you would, it will be fantastic!!

Back
Top Bottom